Re: Contrast: An Unofficial Long Form Contest

I'm going to try my best to enter this, though it probably won't end up happening as for the majority of this contest I'll be at CSSSA, I leave July 13 and come back August 13, so I'll have to whip up something in between now and the 13th, and then I have a week until I start school when I get back. I have an idea, though, so I might be able to get it done.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Squid wrote:

But perhaps I could help you or Jon or somebody with ideas or something.

ilu2

Unless you meant JK or something actually you cheating liar

Anyway I tried to come up with an idea last night to no avail, thinking about maybe making something on Cognitive Dissonance or something but I'm not sure.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Squash, I love you and I want to have your babies.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Fantastic concept! I'll do my best to get an entry out.

jstudios wrote:
Squid wrote:

But perhaps I could help you or Jon or somebody with ideas or something.

ilu2

Unless you meant JK or something actually you cheating liar

Anyway I tried to come up with an idea last night to no avail, thinking about maybe making something on Cognitive Dissonance or something but I'm not sure.

I've never known of another Jonathan who shortened their name to Jon.  But I guess it could apply to JK, too, if he needs help.

Count me in! This sounds like something I really want to try out. THAC 9 and THAC X didn't go well for me (as, both times I had to rush a little past my limits, ending with THAC 9 never being completed) However, I think that this gives me more time for set design, and more time to deepen a story line that will at least place better than 64th. This sounds very interesting - Contrast. mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Hopefully, I'll be able to fix up an entry. Not before my long summer holiday--I'm leaving for Lubbock next week. But, when I return from vacation, I'll probably motivate myself to make an entry.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

This sounds like a really interesting contest.  I'll definitely enter if I can find the time to finish an entry.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I've already started!

~Hal

I have loads of ideas mostly thanks to Squid but I can't finalize ideas or get passionate about any of them.

Eugh, gonna have to waste more time thinking.

Hmmm, I'm a bit stumped for story ideas as well (I've got several vague concepts but so far they're just random ideas, and I'm not really sure how to relate them to "contrast")... I could use a few ideas myself right now!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Hmmm, I'm a bit stumped for story ideas as well (I've got several vague concepts but so far they're just random ideas, and I'm not really sure how to relate them to "contrast")... I could use a few ideas myself right now!

I've been helping people with concepts, if you require my aid, merely send me a PM.

Got the first draft of an about 3 page script done!
And it may even be simple enough to execute in time.

I'd just like to publicly thank the amazing Squid for helping to craft it!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Got the first draft of an about 3 page script done!
And it may even be simple enough to execute in time.

I'd just like to publicly thank the amazing Squid for helping to craft it!

I was very glad to help, mini/smile even if I did break my brain in the process.

Squid, your awesome idea you gave me can go to someone else now. Not just because I wanna do my own thing, but I'd rather that went to someone who might actually finish it.

Glad to see people are getting ideas! For convenience I've updated the first post with significant questions that have been asked via private message or forum postings and will keep doing so until the contest is over. Be sure to check those out if you haven't already.

Just throwing an idea out there:
It would be interesting if two people did a colaboration for this contest.  Usually in colaborations, there's this annoying contrast between the two people's different styles.  However, in this case, that could be uniquely desirable.

jstudios wrote:

Squid, your awesome idea you gave me can go to someone else now. Not just because I wanna do my own thing, but I'd rather that went to someone who might actually finish it.

Thank you for deciding.  I'm sure your own idea will turn out marvelously. mini/smile

Now I just need to find a skilled brickfilmer who needs an idea...

I've got an idea...kind of...its all haphazard in my mind, should work. mini/wink
Also, Squash, definitely no copyrighted music? (It's just I had a really good song that would go with my film)

Last edited by MrMingleProductions (June 27, 2013 (03:12pm))

No copyrighted music, I'm afraid (unless you manage to get written permission from the creator/label). I don't think it would be a legal problem to allow copyrighted music since we don't have any sponsors or prizes at the moment, but considering the way Youtube likes to mute videos it would be walking on thin ice a bit. To be honest I'd also really like to see some of our community musicians step out and show off; I know we have people here who can do good work.

I wish I wasn't in the middle of a move mini/sad