Topic: Sketch

Directory Link

Sketch

Sketch

Sketch is my entry into the Contrast brickfilming competition.

Re: Sketch

Such a shame that this film didn't got much attention yet. mini/sad
I really liked the whole concept myself, and I'm proud of how the score really fits the mood.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I kept meaning to watch this, and now I finally have. That was an interesting concept, I think I understand it. It was an enjoyable film, and, like T.G-Tom said, the score fit perfectly (although it could have been quieted down ever so much). Good job! mini/wink

O.....K....Um, interesting.
Truthfully, this seems like something made back in the golden age of brickfilming. A quirky story, old school parts, and that classic style of animation. Which means it's automatically amazing.

It took a bit to grasp what was happening at first, but that's good, 'cuz it made you think. It didn't spoon-feed the viewers an over-simplified story, but instead wove a very interesting and complex, yet comprehensible, plot.

The music was over-powering the voice acting, but otherwise I love the thing. Fantastic job man, and great call back to that good ole classic feel.

This is one of those cases where I like a film so much I watch it twice, but can't define why I like it. I think the music and grey scale fit the film perfectly, maybe some furnishings in the back would have helped with the atmosphere. I liked it a lot, keep up the good work.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Thanks for all the great feedback, guys. I really enjoyed reading all your comments.

As far as the story goes, I, myself, have yet to understand it fully.

-WT

Last edited by Willow Tree (April 25, 2014 (08:14am))

I suppose this is a case of talking heads. Where it could be live action and be just as good. Not an outright bad thing, but brings question to the use of Lego, I suppose.

As for the film itself, I quite liked it. It was well done, even if the music was overpowering. The voice acting was also fantastic, which is rare for brickfilms. Well done. I like the style.

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

I like it bro. really do.