Re: Christmas in a Minute 2013! [CLOSED]

Squirrels Armed Studios wrote:

Er ... i have a little question:
My logo is long 12 second (i speak for myself,but could also to be a problem for other people),counts in the minute of movie or no?:/

12 seconds for an intro/logo is quite long. You'll definitely want to make it shorter or not include one at all to maximize how much time you have. Like the others have said here, logos in your YouTube videos should not be very long at all. I know it might be fun or cool feeling to have a long logo, but it just isn't a good idea. The audience really doesn't care to see the logo usually and they definitely don't want to sit around for very long. I think mine lasts around 4-5 seconds and I always put it at the end of the video.

In other words, intros/logos/title cards do count towards the 1 minute time limit.

Carousel wrote:
AquaMorph wrote:

To be honest I hate any intro on YouTube that is longer than 5 seconds

woah cold-glacier, i also agre sista !
tbh imo they r really disturbing !
intros under 5 seconds ftw !!!!

Wh0a Br0hs3pH! I despsise long intros too, like wtf. Just get to teh video gosh. We didn't come here to know who made it just let us watch the videyo already. Especially when the intro videjoe/title is more than 5 seconds, just drives me crazy!!! #YOLOSWAG

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

LASF wrote:
Mickey wrote:
Carousel wrote:

I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not.

Carousel's posts are normally proofread pretty well. I would be assuming this is sarcasm due to the bad grammar and spelling.

Cool cats; thanks for the compliment. And no, i was bieng ded serius

Thanks for yours answers and (to please Aquamorph mini/wink  ),

I reduce my intro a 3 seconds.

(I am mini/jaw  for your post, all are 11 post!!!!!)

-  Don't trust of the squirrels   -

wow, i get my animation equip.  just three days before the deadline. My entry's gonna stink! But it'll will be good preparation for THAC 11 mini/lol

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Carousel wrote:
AquaMorph wrote:

To be honest I hate any intro on YouTube that is longer than 5 seconds

ily man<3

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

LASF wrote:

bad grammar and spelling

Yeah, that is pretty unlike him. But, while we're on the subject on long intros, I guess it depends. Intros can be short, if it's merely just a title card. But, if they have little animations that accompany the logos, then I guess it only makes sense to have it as long as the animation is.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Let's try to stay on subject here and not let this get out of hand anymore everyone.

Well, I've got the voice acting done, and am working on the first set as I type.
I'm trying something a bit different, but I think it'll turn out pretty neat.

Built the sets over the past few days, I'm going to animate today! I haven't animated in 4 months though, so I'll be pretty rusty.

I'm hoping for 9 or 10 for set-building because these look just fantastic.
Good luck guys! mini/bigsmile

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Got one freakin shot done this whole weekend. Yay. mini/blankexpression

Me too. mini/bigsmile

Probably gonna enter, this looks really cool. mini/lol mini/smile mini/bigsmile 
But not sure if I'll have the time.

Is altering or resizing the logo for my video allowed? I wanted to show it along with my logo in the same frame.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Walter Benson wrote:

Is altering or resizing the logo for my video allowed? I wanted to show it along with my logo in the same frame.

I'm sure that could be done reasonably. The sponsors just need to be visible in a traditional sized YouTube viewing window. If you'll get the title card put together and send it my way for approval I can do that just to make sure it will work.

The Animated Intro being 30 seconds, I shortened it to the first 3 seconds. it shows the sponsors, and contest logo+name and stuff, its pretty much the still image intro but like, animated. Is that alright?

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Wait so I gotta get this clear, we have to include the sponsors in our video? I've created the title sequence already with the animated logo, but I haven't included the sponsors. Should I just composite another title in the corner with the sponsors?

The sponsors are on the logo aren't they?

Nasrsarian wrote:

The sponsors are on the logo aren't they?

The sponsors are included on the logo video and image file. If you downloaded the files from the Google Drive link on the main post you should be fine. The animated one doesn't last 30 seconds... that's the contest's announcement video... don't use that video. Make sure you read all of the rules thoroughly and follow the instructions regarding the logo use.

Alright thanks. I couldn't find the animated logo then, the link sends me to the announcement video.