Topic: [THAC 11] A Friend to End All Friends

Directory Link

[THAC 11] A Friend to End All Friends

YouTube

Some friends are not as they seem...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Re: [THAC 11] A Friend to End All Friends

That was excellent. I don't play Slender myself, but that was probably one of my favourite entries so far. The frame rate complimented the flawless cinematography and animation. Never was there a moment when I was dissatisfied with how the film looked. I expect you guys to place high in the results. Keep up the good work, Builder Bros!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Executed very well. The shot + lighting through the window had a nice quality to it, as did the majority of the film. I personally would have bucked the trend of using the Slender character. Nevertheless, it was an very polished, steadfast entry.

Was the the film the characters were watching your Thac X entry? If so, well played.

I agree with Carousel. The sets were nice to look at. The night lighting was well done and the animation was smooth. This film was excellent until the end. I feel like basing the plot twist of the story on slender man made the film unoriginal for no good reason.

Uh oh.. spoilers guys!  Honestly I liked the reference; yes, you could have made it any other monster, or you could've come up with your own, but much of the scariness comes from the fact that it's a reference to that popular monster, and almost everybody knows the sound affects, and that he doesn't have a face, etc. etc..  The story could have worked with the "friend" being a vampire or the Boogeyman, but personally, I think the reference worked, and made it all the scarier!  Aside from that detail, I liked that you guys decided to do a completely serious film this time around.  For better or worse, it definitely sets your entry apart from many others which have a lighter mood.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/NeXTCube/Signatures/david_sig_copy.png

I loved it!  I can't understand the "unoriginal" comment.  There have been plenty of vampire LEGO films (which is where this could have gone, but thank goodness didn't), but I have never seen one with this ending.  I found it to be one of the more refreshing and different entries! mini/smile

Last edited by Brick7 (December 29, 2013 (06:28pm))

This was pretty osom.liked it a lot

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

osomstudios wrote:

This was pretty osom.liked it a lot

...I see what you did there...

Anyways, nice job, BB! I really liked that. I've seen a lot of Slenderman videos (not necessarily brickfilms though), and this is by far the best in originality and execution. It was very different.

Spoiler (click to read)

Instea dof running away from Slendy, he befriended him. I loved that.

Nice job, Builder Brothers!

Thanks for all the great feedback guys!  This was our fifth THAC, and we had a great time making this film.  As for Slender being original or not, we purposely chose him because for one we couldn't think of any good Slender brickfilms off the top of our heads (we don't have any idea of what "trend" Carousel was talking about), and two because we felt that it would be interesting to approach his character in a different way than is usually seen (as LASF noticed).  Also, by having a character who has a set of known characteristics and mannerisms, we were able to give hints to who he was without actually saying his name or showing him completely (until the end of course).

Carousel wrote:

Was the the film the characters were watching your Thac X entry? If so, well played.

Yay, somebody noticed! mini/bigsmile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Carousel wrote:

Oh, subliminal messaging I see.. mini/wink  Clever idea!

Again, best of luck in the contest.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/NeXTCube/Signatures/david_sig_copy.png

I really liked it.  I'm very fond of the Slenderman.  I've watched every entry of Marble Hornets.

However, I wish that you hadn't used the exact sound that's used at the end of Slender.  It's pretty easy to make a fuzz noise or just find a new one.  Also, the narration felt like it should have been different, perhaps more befitting a horror film.  It felt like it needed a different sort of tone and delivery.  I'm not sure what exactly.

Really great job with that lighting, though, and I loved how all of that grass looks.