Topic: Monkey Jam Capture Window Need Help

I keep having this problem with monkey jam. When ever I open my capture window and set my resolution to 1600x1200, it makes the capture window really big. When the window is really big, its hard to tell if I am satisfied with the frame. I know that helium frog doesn't have this problem but it freezes which is why I don't use it. Can anyone help me fix it? I also use the quickcam pro 9000

Re: Monkey Jam Capture Window Need Help

If I'm honest, I don't think there actually is a fix for this. If I'm using MJ I usually just film in 800 x 600 then crop it to widescreen in editing. Helium Frog has stopped freezing as much for me recently so I've started using it for the resolution.
Not sure how the c920 is with MonkeyJam, though.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Yep, MJ's capture window is always stuck at whatever the resolution you picked is at.
You can scroll around to check out the outer borders of the frame, but there's no real fix.
Well, a 4K screen would do the trick, but there's no real practical fix.
I'd give Helium Frog a go if you just can't deal with MJ, it's not that bad once you learn how to avoid the major glitches.

What are these major glitches? I have heard a lot of people mention them but I never had a glitch when using Helium Frog.

People's views on Helium Frog seem to vary very drastically! I've also experienced very few issues (unless an apparent lack of Windows 8 compatibility counts). I think Helium Frog seems to be very particular about the hardware it runs on.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

I love Helium Frog, and it usually works reliably.  Simply capturing the frames and exporting works fine 97% of the time.

But trying to go into any of the settings/extras menus and going back into animating will not hardly work. It either doesn't do anything, or crashes. Thus, it's very hard to change any settings and get them saved.
Also, unplugging the webcam will crash it.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but a quick BiM search for Helium Frog will reveal some more things.
I haven't tried it on Windows 8, so can't say anything about that.

Had the same problem with MonkeyJam and gave up on it. Used Helium Frog until I switched to Dragonframe. Helium Frog worked fine for me, even though it crashed sometimes.

Does anyone know how to sync the audio with the frames on MonkeyJam, because that's been a reason why I haven't used monkey jam before, and now it seems to be the only program that will work for me (Helium Frog won't work on my laptop, Stopmotion Pro is too complicated, namely it won't connect to my camera, Frames 5, which I originally planned to use, sucks, and I'm not too confident in digiCamControl).

"Defeat is always momentary."

-Carl Denham, King Kong (2005)