Topic: The LBAM Podcast Submissions Page

Hello! And welcome to the LBAM submissions page.

So here's how it will work. You send in your brickfilm to [email protected]. I (Canaan May) will mention them on the show.

No bad language is allowed.

You can enter as many brickfilms as you want.

Send you brickfilm to:

[email protected]

Last edited by Galactic Films (March 16, 2014 (12:54pm))

Re: The LBAM Podcast Submissions Page

Alright, I hope you don't mind if I talk about what I think should be improved. First things First, this contest is kinda bland. There's nothing to make it cool or something. There's no theme or anything. Also the deadline is pretty short. I don't wanna sound mean or anything, but there are just so much contest that no one joins, for example, this. This contest had a theme and everything, but no one joined, and here's why(based on what people said on the thread): He wasn't very popular, the contest idea wasn't fun or exciting, he didn't have any prizes(most people don't want to enter a contest without a good prize).

Hope this helped! I'm sorry if I offended you. I will try and make an entry if I have the time.:)

Off the back of what happened with Generalned's 'contest', I think this is a bad time to run a new contest. But hey, it's up to you man.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I have to agree with everything Rockydude411Bricks said. He is just right about everything. I mean, where is any motivation to enter this?

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Rockydude411Bricks wrote:

Alright, I hope you don't mind if I talk about what I think should be improved. First things First, this contest is kinda bland. There's nothing to make it cool or something. There's no theme or anything. Also the deadline is pretty short. I don't wanna sound mean or anything, but there are just so much contest that no one joins, for example, this. This contest had a theme and everything, but no one joined, and here's why(based on what people said on the thread): He wasn't very popular, the contest idea wasn't fun or exciting, he didn't have any prizes(most people don't want to enter a contest without a good prize).

Hope this helped! I'm sorry if I offended you. I will try and make an entry if I have the time.:)

No offence taken. mini/smile Like I said some one commented on the show and I thought it was a good idea. So I was like "so some people have sent me messages saying that they want to be on the show, so why not have a contest for people to enter to be on the show?" That's kinda what I was hoping for this. I can change the deadline, and I might come
Up with some other prizes. Thanks for the input mini/smile

How about this, instead of running it like a contest, change it up a bit.
Just ask people to just submit their films, and the you'll host the show with them, review the film, and have them talk about their work.

The difference would be that you'd be doing it for most everybody, (Or those that submit their film at least) and it wouldn't have the stigma of a contest with no prizes or creativity. It'll just be a call out asking if people want some more publicity to would enjoy talking about themselves for a little bit. (People tend to like talking about themselves you know)

You can still go through and only pick those you like, but I think that way will be more fun all the way around.
In other words, don't call it a contest, but a submission process. Don't say "First/Second/Third Place" but contact those that you like and interview them.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

How about this, instead of running it like a contest, change it up a bit.
Just ask people to just submit their films, and the you'll host the show with them, review the film, and have them talk about their work.

The difference would be that you'd be doing it for most everybody, (Or those that submit their film at least) and it wouldn't have the stigma of a contest with no prizes or creativity. It'll just be a call out asking if people want some more publicity to would enjoy talking about themselves for a little bit. (People tend to like talking about themselves you know)

You can still go through and only pick those you like, but I think that way will be more fun all the way around.
In other words, don't call it a contest, but a submission process. Don't say "First/Second/Third Place" but contact those that you like and interview them.

Good idea! I think I'll do that. (:

Mickey wrote:

He is right about everything.

Always. mini/wink