Topic: Clone Training Center Kickstarter Campaign

Hey everybody!

I've always wanted to create a project to get together some of the best brickfilmers around to work on one awesome project.  Well, that time has come and I am super pumped about it!  I, and several other brickfilmers and filmmakers just launched a kickstarter campaign for a Clone Training Center web series that is expected to be 35-40 mins in length. So far the animators that we have working on the project are Zach Macais, Spencer Olson, and Eric Beaton and we are currently negotiating with several others.

Obviously, a project like this is a big investment and so we need all the support that we can get to make it happen.  Please take the time to check out our Kickstarter page and contribute anything that you can, even if it's only a dollar!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 … -web-serie

Re: Clone Training Center Kickstarter Campaign

This sounds like it will be a fantastic series! I really hope you succeed in getting to your target, however considering the average age of a lot of your fans I question whether they will be in a position to contribute. Nevertheless, good luck!!! mini/smile

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

This looks so awesome! I will definitely consider funding this in hopes that it will get done.

40,000 dollars

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I wish you luck on your endeavors, and I'm excited by the prospect of several talented animators coming together to film a series, but I am quite disappointed that this series is focusing on the Star Wars IP. I understand this will certainly drive up the views on YouTube, but I would much prefer to see such immense effort put into an original series that doesn't borrow characters and universes from a pre-established intellectual property.

$40,000 is also a very lofty goal.

40,000 dollars

This combined with your user name crack me up.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

brickelodeon wrote:

40,000 dollars

This combined with your user name crack me up.

40,000 dollars

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

It's about time you did this mini/delirium. Hard to believe that you got some of the best brickfilmers to help you, and I will definitely try to donate as much as my pocket-book can handle.

Too bad we have never posted a video in the years we have been animating, maybe you would have known about us mini/lol.

I don't know who you have to work on editing, vfx, ect, but I have never seen in my years of stopmotion, anyone who can do it like my brother. He made a movie that is 50 percent CG, and you can't even tell, and that was a long time ago, he is really good now. He would be top notch in any vfx, programming, and editing that involves lego (or anything for that matter).

Once again, can't wait for this.

Nathan Wells wrote:

I would much prefer to see such immense effort put into an original series that doesn't borrow characters and universes from a pre-established intellectual property.

I think it's important to note that Clone Training Center never has nor will be loyal to the Star Wars universe.  It's a fan adaptation and doesn't include any characters, places, etc from Star Wars.  So I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the originality of the story.  And yes, we are aware that $40,000 is a lot of money, but it isn't just some random number that we pulled out of nowhere because it sounded nice.  Everything has been carefully budgeted and that is the amount that we feel we will need given the scope of this project.

We feel that the brickfilming community is large enough that if everyone donated a small amount, we would meet our goal no problem.

Fancypants wrote:

And yes, we are aware that $40,000 is a lot of money, but it isn't just some random number that we pulled out of nowhere because it sounded nice.  Everything has been carefully budgeted and that is the amount that we feel we will need given the scope of this project.

See people your dubiousness is unfounded

http://wpmedia.o.canada.com/2013/07/scroogemcduck.gif

If I have some spare currency I will happily donate it to your cause. To address lord Nathan Wells' point, I honestly think if you adapt something so it is truly your own, there is absolutely no problem.

Although that is a lot of money, I'm intrigued by the idea of a brickfilm series being made in the traditional fashion for stop motion projects. Your plan sounds a lot like the way the big time stop motion industry works, and I'm excited to see what will come of this. Good luck to you guys. mini/smile

What will the sets be like? Will they be the same sets as from the old one or will they be new ones?

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

With the budget and size of this project, and taking into account who is doing this, they will definitely be making new and detailed sets.

This is awesome! I hope this is the most successful brickfilm project ever!:)  Hey Jordan if I publicize this project on my show can I be a sponsor?

Little guys in space only asked for 8K and it got a little bit extra.

40K is enough to pay off my Ford Expedition. I wish you the best of luck with the kickstarter and I'll try and donate some change if I ever get any.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I'll donate some monies on pay day. Give me a shout if you require a vfx artist/compositor, I'd happily help with this project.

uhm... I have one little disappointment: what are you doing with 40,000 $? I mean, okay, you need bricks for movie sets, to get profit maybe... but 40,000$? I'm sure its just me, also being a teen, that doesnt understand.
Either ways I'd like to see this, as it seems something great, and will try to donate something, If I'm able to.

If you watched the video, you would know. Their main expense is paying all the animators and travel etc, which believe me, costs a lot in the Animation industry, this is pretty cheap.