Topic: Clarence Discussion Thread

Tonight, the Cartoon Network officially launched the two-segment Season 1 premiere of their new cartoon show, Clarence.

Some of my "pals" from school and I thought that the commercials looked extremely stupid. We agreed that, when Cartoon Network's fanbase started to die after they "ditched the toons and started making live-action shows" like Level Up and Incredible Crew, they attempted to bring them back. Adventure Time might have been a success (I wouldn't know for sure, I've never watched it), but then came Uncle Grandpa and Regular Show.

Granted, Regular Show isn't all that bad, these just weren't the classic cartoons they would air in the "olden-days". So we weren't all that impressed with Clarence. But, one of us decided that, because of its dumb feel, it would actually be interesting to watch. I decided to do the same.

And I ended up enjoying these segments. The humor is extremely dumb, but the show boasts colorful animations, and really channels that awkward age that kids struggle with. The characters have almost realistic personalities (awkward youngster, germaphobe, boy-ish playmates, etc.) but it almost feels that the targeted audience is younger kids. It's a little weird, because the humor is more written for older children, but all the characters are junior-high-school-aged (around 5th or 6th grades).

Have you seen the pilot or did you watch these segments tonight? What did you think? Does the show sound interesting to you? Do you think you might wanna check it out? Look out for two new segments every Monday, or look up clips on YouTube, or even on Cartoon Network's official webpage. And be sure to check out the Wikipedia page for more information. If you want to, we can discuss the series below.

(Rated TV-PG in the USA)

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Re: Clarence Discussion Thread

The show is pretty cool, I like the animation. I think that Jeff has OCD, and I really hope they don't make it a laughing matter. I like what they did with the episode "Pretty Great Day with a Girl"

Spoiler (click to read)

where they talked about Amy's parents and how they're getting a divorce.

anyway, I think this is an okay show.

I didn't see it except for the ads.  I couldn't tell if it was dumb-funny or just dumb.  I'll have to tune in & check it out.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Good news. Clarence is coming back after a short hiatus. The new line of episodes is set to premiere this Thursday, at 6 PM CST, with "Dinner Party". New segments will now air on Thursdays, instead of Mondays.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?