Re: Help bring BIM to the world at Brickcon 2014

I think the main problem with the internet in general is that you can't throw across inflections. For instance, my saying "dude chill" wasn't meant to be anger-inducing - more like a friendly pat on the shoulder - but I'm sorry if it kinda makes you angry. Not my intention at all. mini/wink Sorry.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

This video is one of my all time favourites: Link
If Bionicle is willing, I think it should be one of the top picks.  It's got a very nice length and it's really good.

Actually, Faloovian heroes don't own unicorns.  Unicorns are an equal race in their own right and entirely free, though their race is a minority and they have no kingdom.  However, some unicorns choose to work with notable heroes as partners.  To be offered a ride by a unicorn is considered a great honour.  In a similar way, there are some goblins and sharks who act as mounts of sorts with a gnome strapped to their back since gnomes have tiny little legs and can't run very fast.  There's even one trio of heroes that consists of a gnome who rides a goblin who rides a unicorn.

However, in the Archivon Empire to the West, all unicorns are slaves to the spiders who dwell there.  Unicorns only exist in Riigo-Faloo because of a rescue mission where several dozen unicorns were liberated from Archivon in 356 A.E. (about 466 years before The Lost Invention, and 558 years before Sharks and Clowns)

Call of Farqunglu is an absolute delight.

Squid, would you mind if some of your Riggo-Faloo canon went on the Brickfilms wiki?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Yes.  The Call of Farqunglu.  So fantastic.  So wonderful.  It would be perfect for this.

jampot wrote:

I think the main problem with the internet in general is that you can't throw across inflections.

Did someone say Poe's Law?

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

jampot wrote:

I think the main problem with the internet in general is that you can't throw across inflections. For instance, my saying "dude chill" wasn't meant to be anger-inducing - more like a friendly pat on the shoulder - but I'm sorry if it kinda makes you angry. Not my intention at all. mini/wink Sorry.

Ya, I agree. Don't worry, it's fine. mini/smile  mini/tongue

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

SlothPaladin wrote:

My weekend looks like it is going to be crazy busy but I am going to try to contact Brickcon by and see if we can get a public screening of films and/or a display by Monday.

Any news on this?
We probably need to know about that pretty quick to get the ball rolling on the Kickstarter and final film list and stuff.
Also, have you been able to contact any of the non-BiM fellas regarding the use of their films?

END Films made great tutorial about light flicker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV09Jzt … e=youtu.be.

Oh and I also really like grace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsDfBw4DUd0

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

While I really love Henri and Edmond, I don't think that it would be a good idea to play it in this situation for two reasons.

1. It's way too long to stand and watch the whole thing, and if people came right in the middle of it, they would miss a lot.
2. It's in French. Don't get my wrong, French is a great language, but I figure that it will by playing on a small screen, an iPad maybe? So it will be really hard to read the subtitles.

That's just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

SlothPaladin wrote:

[*]The Good Old Days[/*]

If I make a new remastered edition, with improved cinematography and sound, will you include it?

I'm surprised some people suggested Love In Black and White. Thanks, guys. mini/smile

And I'd be sure to try and buy a DVD! I definitely couldn't make it to brickcon, but I'd love to support the project.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

I'm hoping to hear back from Brickcon soon

@Loic F-B:
If I do show film, I hope to get in touch with the film makers and get the version they would prefer to be screened.

SlothPaladin wrote:

@Loic F-B:
If I do show film, I hope to get in touch with the film makers and get the version they would prefer to be screened.

Great, thanks... And good luck mini/wink

OK, I got a reply from Brickcon and this is it:

Chris,

YES! We'd love to have Bricks In Motion at BrickCon.

To make this run well, we'll need your input for presentation schedule, participation levels, etc.

Thomas -------- is our Program Director and is in charge of scheduling.

Nicole is our AV Production person. Any of the technical details of your operation must be run through her.

Would you be accepting submissions from our Attendees?

Instead of a booth (implying a vendor space) with a little monitor, would you be interested in a 15 ft screen in the front of the public room? (We have no booths available.) If you want to have a private space (open only to the Attendees), we can manage that.

Wayne ------
BrickCon

Now I just need to work out what kind of presentation we want with the program coordinators.

Sounds great! I'm glad to see this is working out. mini/bigsmile

That sounds great, Sloth. Though when they mentioned accepting entries from attendees it got me thinking:

What if someone hosted a Brickcon Animation contest?

We could have entries open up to attendees and non-attendees, and have them submit short animations (-5 minutes) based on some theme. I don't know if there is a theme to Brickcons like there is for other conventions, but it could be decided.

There are several months between now and when the convention starts, so I'd say there is enough time for it. What do people think?

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

The theme for this year is Invasion, which would be a great contest theme.

So Sloth, what would you think about having a couple other brickfilmers possibly stop by and help out at the booth? I know there were a couple people who said they might be able to come - Jonn and myself included. I bring this up because the earlybird discount for the Builder pass ends August 1st, so those of us who would want to go probably want to make a decision pretty soon (earlybird is $55 as opposed to the normal $70, and I know I'd really rather not pay $70).

Also, how are the Kickstarter preparations coming along?