Topic: What Won't You Post to BiM?

This is a fairly simple question. Do you have any videos which you have uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo or whatever other video sharing website, but will not post onto Bricks in Motion? I have started doing this starting with my newest video because it just doesn't seem like it belongs on the forums for various reasons. I mean SpastikChuwawa doesn't upload all of his short one liners to BiM because it would be too much and I feel BiM is a place for more thought out videos. Videos that didn't take a few seconds for Pre-Production.
What do you guys think of this?

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Re: What Won't You Post to BiM?

Nothing. I keep my brickfilms PG-13, but even with my live-action stuff (most of which I haven't put online) which delves a bit into horror and can be a little bloody, I wouldn't think twice about putting here, though I would put a warning about the content if I thought it could be found offensive. I can understand why others might feel differently, though.

I don't think a filmmaker should have anything to feel ashamed of or to apologise for unless they set out to offend in the first place. If you do that, then you're divisive and you stink.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

There are a lot of videos which I don't post on YouTube because they are old and they really stink.  Luckily, I didn't have any films uploaded until well after I started in 2007, and those films rest safely in my vault.  Horrible creatures, which, like me, should never see the light of day.

Though, I have been considering uploading the first, just to show people how far I've come.  However, if I were to do so, I would much rather not for at least three more years.

I think that, even with "failed" brickfilms, there's still something that can be learned from them. - Weather it's picking out the good parts and ideas, and using that as inspiration for your own projects, or it's the bad parts, that you remember not to do; everything has something that will help other brickfilmers.

Besides, what are brickfilms made for? ... what are movies made for? - Entertainment. The only reason I wouldn't upload a video to both youtube and BiM is if I didn't think that it would entertain anybody. - And that's a slap in the face to the days/weeks/months it took to film the brickfilm in the first place.

However, I could understand that, if you've just joined BiM, or are tempted to "mass upload" all of your videos at once, (as many newcomers do) then I could understand from refraining from uploading/linking for that reason. But, besides that, I want to upload all of my videos, new or old, released or unreleased, to youtube and BiM someday, so that my films can do what they were meant to do - entertain.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

I haven't posted my early stuff, in fact I can't even remember which hard drive a lot of it is on. My first films were utter garbage for sure, but I may dig one or two out someday...

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

I see no shame in showing off one's earliest work. A few years ago I uploaded my earliest brickfilms that I made with LEGO Studios, which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … T-xDDsLa7z

Sure there are some really bad parts, but I still remember them fondly, and it's fun to see how far I've come.

My first two films Attack of the LEGOs I & II are not on YouTube due to blatant copyright violations, I haven't uploaded Attack of the Evil Robotic Turkey From Outerspace because I am kind of embarrassed of that film, although someone at the Brickfilm podcast uploaded it to Youtube mini/confused but they can leave it up, I know some people did enjoy it. If I did have films with swearing in them I would post them here with a content warning, but most of my work is pretty PGish.

Sorry, but I can't share them on BiM. mini/wink
In all seriousness though, the only things I haven't uploaded are my tests...which was all I did for about 2-3 years.

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPwMAwp … p;index=24

*shudders*

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

The reason I didn't upload my first brickfilms to BiM was because they were utter garbage.  I "animated", if you can even call it that, my films with my ipod touch, by taking pictures, then I uploaded them to my computer and strung them together on WMM, my first few films ran at about 1 FPS.  Later, I made the picture length smaller and my films ran at about three frames per second.  If you think that sounds bad enough, I animated my films before sound recording, so there are lots of places where sound cuts out too late or too soon.  Not to mention any sound effects or music used I either mimicked with my voice, or recorded directly from the computer.  Heck, I didn't even write my scripts down, I just pictured the story in my mind.  That obviously didn't lead to anything good.  However, like some of you have been saying, I like to look back at my older films to see how far I have come as a brick filmer.  Am I really that good now?  Heck, no!  Am I better than I was two years ago?  Definitely!

I'm not random, I start conversations.

bakeranimator wrote:

my first few films ran at about 1 FPS.

That's how I started out too. I'd known about BiM since Spring of 2010, when I started brickfilming, but I didn't even join until over a year later because I didn't think that my stuff was good enough. I waited until I had something I felt was worth showing people (now I look at it and see how bad it was, but whatever). I saw BiM as a place where all the best brickfilmers showed their work, and was intimidated by it. Had I understood the forums, I probably would have joined earlier. Now I post almost everything I make animation wise, other than occasional tests or other dumb little videos, that I don't want/need feedback on, but for some reason post to YouTube. I also have a lot of tests that I've just never put out online, and probably never will.