Topic: Commuity forum

I've seen occasional mentions of a Community section of the forum that is hidden away on the main forums, and I was just wondering why that part of the forum is hidden away. Having a Community section that few people can access seems kind of odd. Did something bad happen resulting in its being hidden away? Or is it less of a community forum and more of a Moderator discussion type thing?

Re: Commuity forum

It's the special place for off-topic talk and general nonsense.
Some off-topic stuff can more easily cause fights, and doesn't pertain directly to brickfilming, so it was hidden away and reserved for members that have shown their maturity and devotion to the site. But don't worry, there isn't much that goes on in there.

And no, there's yet another secret level of stuff for the mods.

It's not terribly exciting. The reason it was closed to the general public was that we had too many users causing problems in the community (read: drama) who had no interest or contributions to make with regard to what this site is about, filmmaking. When we were getting more posts in threads like "what was the last thing you ate?" than discussion about brickfilming, I decided it was time to close the forum and reserve it for long-time members who have an established history of contributing to the community as filmmakers. It really helped with the problems we were trying to resolve, so I don't regret it.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

It's not terribly exciting. The reason it was closed to the general public was that we had too many users causing problems in the community (read: drama) who had no interest or contributions to make with regard to what this site is about, filmmaking. When we were getting more posts in threads like "what was the last thing you ate?" than discussion about brickfilming, I decided it was time to close the forum and reserve it for long-time members who have an established history of contributing to the community as filmmakers. It really helped with the problems we were trying to resolve, so I don't regret it.

How would newer members enter the animation challenge then? I understand why you did it, but maybe it should be only long time members can post topics in that section.

END films wrote:

How would newer members enter the animation challenge then? I understand why you did it, but maybe it should be only long time members can post topics in that section.

The Animation Challenge is in the General Film Discussion forum, which is open to everyone.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

It's hidden away, because they don't want immature commoners like us crowding their private forums. Or, so I hear.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Okay, thanks for clarifying, I'm always curious about how stuff works.