Re: What are you bad at?

I'm terrible at actually finishing anything, I tend to lose concentration and will-power. Also I'm a perfectionist, so I get frustrated much of the time.

I have a hard time get smooth animation as well, if I do "tests" and just concentrate on one little movement I can get a pretty good shot. The only problem is that when that one little movement/shot is part of a whole project, I feel loaded down. I suppose it's just my mindset that is the death of my films.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I'm also bad at finishing/continuing stuff.  Most of the time, I do end up doing it but not after I have finished other projects.
For example, last year, whilst on holiday, I bought a whole lot of Lego Superhero Sets and came up with the idea to start a series.  One year later and only now am I finally going back to it.

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

The story and life of my movies seems lacking to me. I can get the visuals to be somewhat nice, but the movie in general just seems to be, I don't know... shallow.
Time is also a problem. My longest film is only like a minute-and-a-half because I start thinking of the next film I want to make, so I guess I am just impatient.

Lets see..... i'm bad at everything. Thus that is why i had stopped brickfilming for a while until a good friend of mine told me to keep doing it.

KT, KEEP DOING IT!  That's how you get good at it!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

There are three things that I'm really trying to improve upon:

1. Animating dialog

2. Set building

3. Releasing videos on a more consistent schedule

Coming up with witty responses that haven't been taken yet.

But seriously, I would say I suck at lighting, camera movement, not bumping the camera, audio, pretty much everything in pre-production, dialogue shots and set building, although I am getting better at them...slowly...very slowly...

SeanDoubleJ wrote:

3. Releasing videos on a more consistent schedule

Oh yeah and that.

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Set design and walking cycles. But I think I need to invest more of my money in LEGO and more of my time in sorting it well if I want to improve set building.

But I do think procrastinating is my strong point.

My greatest weak points are most likely:
Lighting, dialog (voice acting), and easing in and out.

Practice makes perfect though!

"Matthew 24 is knocking at the door"

Animation / Procrastination