Topic: The San Francisco International Film Festival!

I've been wanting to post about this for a little while, but didn't really know where to do it. I've looked around for a thread for sharing film festivals (that you're not an official representative of), but I don't think one exists. So, if people think it's a good idea, this could become that film festival-sharing thread I was looking for. I don't know how the thread should work exactly, but if you have any ideas, feel free to share them!

Anyways, the San Francisco International Film Festival! The festival is currently accepting entries, and will be accepting shorts until December 1. It's free to enter if you are 18 or younger (in the "Youth Works" category). The call for entries has a bunch more information.

My brother and I's short "Jurassic Floor" was played in the 2013 festival, and it was awesome having it played in a nice theater before an audience.

Re: The San Francisco International Film Festival!

It's a shame that as an adult I can't enter for free.  Sometimes I miss being a little lad.

one of the rules wrote:

Features previously exhibited in the Bay Area, either theatrically, at another local festival or via television or Internet broadcast are not eligible to apply.

Would internet broadcast count as a YouTube upload?  Most of us upload our videos as soon as they're done without a care about entering film festivals and if that is so then most people here probably wouldn't have a chance.

I might enter.  After all, it's free for me.  (Though that means I have to get something done.)

Oh, right. That's another cool thing about the "Youth Works" category: They're not really strict about entries being made public elsewhere before the festival. I know this doesn't apply to you, Squid, as you've just made clear your over 18, and unfortunately I think a YouTube upload would definitely count as an internet broadcast in any other category, but I mainly posted this here for the people 18 or under on this site. I think there are plenty of film festivals with cheaper entry fees than this one.

Last edited by twickabrick (September 16, 2014 (06:09pm))

edit: already answered

Just wanted to remind anyone who was planning on entering this that the deadline is coming soon! It's on December 1.

I had a good experience with a brickfilm made when I was under 18 in the Crossroads film festival.

Enter festivals via Film Freeway if it is an option! It's a much better service than Withoutabox.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I just entered I SFIFF this year for the youth works category. They have an awful way of proving age for people who don't have a photo id (under 15).

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16