Topic: Dane Cook Gets Crushed by a One Ton Weight During an Animation Test

Directory Link

Dane Cook Gets Crushed by a One Ton Weight During an Animation Test

YouTube

It's a hard knock life in animation.

Re: Dane Cook Gets Crushed by a One Ton Weight During an Animation Test

The animation in this was great, especially the one ton weight dropping on Dane. mini/bigsmile

Thanks Isaac, it all started as some tests for a stud free walk cycle and as I had started it with a Dane Cook fig, I figured I would only need to add a few more shots to make it into a short

http://i.imgur.com/W6EKWwm.png

This morning I was talking to a few people about stud free animation and desided to see if I could get a jumping/walking rig locally, I was able to find one of these at a hardware store a few blocks from my house. I think the walk turned out alright but I feel like it could be a bit snappier, you have to be careful you don't start moon walking when you have studs to guide you. For the record everything is 24fps in 1s.

Very nice. The story got me hanging on the edge of my seat and the twist was very unexpected.
On a semi-serious note, I'm guessing the test was using the rig you mentioned you bought earlier the day. The jump and the walk animation was smooth. The floor break was done very well. 1/1 brick

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Haha that's nice. The animation was great.

Spoiler (click to read)

I see FIN at the end of a lot of brickfilms, ahh, what does it mean? mini/tongue

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Haha, that was wonderful, just wonderful! mini/bigsmile  The stud free walking looked superb.

Harborlight Productions wrote:

Haha that's nice. The animation was great.

Spoiler (click to read)

I see FIN at the end of a lot of brickfilms, ahh, what does it mean? mini/tongue

Spoiler (click to read)

"Fin" means "The End" in French. I guess people use it because they think it looks cool. mini/wink

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

I like.

Spoiler (click to read)

Dane Cook gets crushed, (music) "This is what you get..." mini/smile

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

Nice work, Sloth. The no-stud animation turned out quite well. Makes me want to do that.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

fantastic! loved the tiles breaking when it hit. The cycle did seem a bit different with no studs guiding you, but it wasn't really that noticeable!

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Thanks for the kind words all! Here is what the helping hands rig looks like, I just took off everything I didn't need and used a clip to grab an antenna, which is just sticky tacked to Dane, when he jumps it's his back, when he walks I used the side of his head. Keep in mind the tack will droop over time, the back is closer to the center of gravity so it's a better spot, but it won't work for some angles.
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8573/16538143887_dd3799f085.jpg

I've been looking at using magnifiers for rigs recently too. Nice to see that they work so well.

If I was going to critique the walk, I'd say it seems almost like the start of a run. I think that's less to do with the studlessness and more to do with the timing. You could maybe lose a frame or two around the highest point of the leading leg to get it more walk-like. Maybe. I haven't gone through it frame by frame.