Re: The Animation Challenge

Here's mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scf8Acws1ik
I kinda stuffed up the last few frames but hopefully the first 70 or so is good enough.

I like yours very much Raptor Studios. My one reccomendation is to have the slope bricks come off the the end of the the vines so they'll look like they're growing out of his hands. The sudden pop wasn't a smooth transition like start. Nonetheless, that's just three frames that needs fixing, the rest is outstanding.

Last edited by Kd2000 (October 24, 2016 (05:17am))

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Thanks Kd2000 for the comments! I am glad you liked it. mini/wink
Really nice job on the movement and smoothness. Your entry was really fun to watch.

Last edited by Raptor Studios (October 24, 2016 (06:30pm))

Alright everyone, the deadline has passed! After much deliberation, I have come to a decision regarding the winning entry.

Kd2000, congratulations, you have won this week's most honorable Animation Challenge. Your entry was great, the figure morphed very seamlessly into a wolverine. There were lots of small details in there that helped the transition go along smoothly, like the blue hands that trailed behind the Hulk's before replacing his green ones, and the extra arms used similarly later on. Overall, this really is a great animation and a well-deserved win.

Raptor Studios, your entry was also good. The green bricks flowed over the character well; however, the emergence of the vines was a little jarring, and the figure shifted forward a stud at this point as well.

Shawarma Studios, your entry was nice, though yours featured a disappearance moreso than shapeshifting. The replacement animation with the head and torso came out well.

All in all, this was a great lot of entries. Over to you, Kd2000!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49566491787_1f24d954b6_o.jpg

Website  ✧  YouTube  ✧  Flickr  ✧  Soli Deo Gloria

Well done, and deserving of the win. I might enter the next one depending on the theme.

Get out your lights because the next challenge is shadows.
I would like to see creativity and play with forced perspective, warp shadows on curved surfaces, enlongate and contract them, use a light box et cetera.
Just keep in mind, I'm judging the quality of animation so make that number two priority, followed by the creative side of things. Of course, what's most important is your lights.

These two videos were my inspiration for this new challenge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBGceAu0hQo
And
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLtk … dbXnooH2-o
You can refer to these two as getting a better idea of what I'm looking for.

Deadline is 3rd of November

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

It is a disappointing outcome but I will take responsibility as the challenge may have been too ambitious.
I think somebody else should host the next challenge and is able to gather some contestants. Nonetheless, I look forward to whatever is next.

Youtube

-FilmyGuy1

Mind if I pick a theme?

Go for it Shawarma!

Sorry I didn't enter last time around Kd2000. I'll try and make something this time

Last edited by Brickcrazy (November 9, 2016 (01:51pm))

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Go ahead Shawarma. mini/smile

Alright. The new theme is: Picking Thy Plastic Nose ( Or Lack Thereof) and the deadline is November 10 2016 at 2:43 p.m.

Minifigs may have some trouble reaching this particular area of the face, so I'm hoping to see some nice "out of joint" animating work.

Can't wait to see what y'all come up with!

I finally got a new camera! maybe i'll do the next challenge mini/tongue

I'm so sorry guys! I meant the 20th of November. I can't believe I made that mistake. Hopefully now someone will enter!

You should still go back and edit the original post.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Looks like yet again, no one has entered. I would like to get this going again, and since the deadline is long gone, I thought Shawarma could make another challenge, if he want's to. What do you think?

Well, I've never entered this challenge (maybe that makes me well qualified to comment, I don't know), but I thought this was an exceptionally uninteresting throwaway theme. I'm not surprised nobody entered. I've been criticised for the general tone of my comments before on this forum, so I'd better not say any more, but I have enjoyed seeing some of the entries in the past.

I would like this to start up again too. I have big plans for my stopmotion but im still not very good. I think this would help

I would also love to do this some more too as I am going to try to make a comeback in animating with a new brickfilm much better than before. Would you like to start it slotborg?

Sure thing! The next theme is Swimming this could mean swimming at the surface like an olympic swimmer or something or even a deep sea diver exploring the water. the deadline is Dec 22 at 2:00 PM CST. Can't wait to see the entries! I'm so excited! I've never done anything like this before! (Successfully anyway) mini/tongue

mini/confused  I'm getting a little worried... no one has entered yet...

I have to wrap up my entry to the LEGO BATMAN MOVIE contest, otherwise I'd enter.