Topic: One project that you can't seem to do.

What is the one project that you have the greatest idea for?
But for some reason even after you may have written an outline or even a script, something always prevents you from filming it?

Re: One project that you can't seem to do.

Generally if this happens, I'm either setting too high of a goal for myself, or I'm really just not interested in the project but haven't realized it yet. Generally it's a combination of both, but both lead to a general lack of commitment on my part. If I set a goal too high, I become afraid that I won't be able to live up to my own expectations and I procrastinate. With the latter, I don't think it's because the idea doesn't have potential, but I just don't put any time into improving it. I seem to recall John Lasseter saying something to the effect of each of their films, at one point, was the worst film ever.

So I think the overall problem is commitment, at least for me, but I feel others may have the same problem. I can see how one would not feel committed to a bad idea, but an idea with even an ounce of potential is worth committing to. My current film started out as a one-joke film with a nice set piece, and I think I came up with that idea back in 2011 or 2012. It's evolved a lot since then, and I'm pretty well committed to seeing this one to the end. I think one thing that makes this one different for me is that it means something to me, something a lot more than a simple joke.

But I digress. My point is that commitment is the determining factor in whether a film gets finished or not. If you're not committed, it's not the project's fault; only you can fix it.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

My dream project is a drama / black comedy called Friends Close, Anemones Closer. I've been accumulating notes and outlines and ideas for it for years. I have, however, come to the conclusion that I would probably need a lot of money to pull it off well, and I'd rather not make it in a half-baked manner instead.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I have planned to make certain brickfilms but I mostly restrain myself to tests.
YouTube would be an enjoyable job in my teenagehood instead of flipping patties and such. The biggest thing that hinders me from doing what I want is that I lack in bricks. A majority of my pieces belong in vehicles and are hard to use in making an set, and are insufficient for a simple indoor wall.
You might say "spend your money on a couple of thousand bricks" but I sometime wonder whether I would get a profit from it. Garage sales aren't always easy to spot these days because of the Internet but I keep my eyes peeled on a bucket full of bricks that sells for a low price.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

There's this great idea i have but it takes place at a party, in SPACE and

Quite a while ago in the bf.com chat room, we had this discussion about, "If you could make any music video what would it be?" At the time, a lot of people referred to Ween songs or oldies songs. I've wanted to remake this one for quite sometime now. The original music video doesn't settle with me well. I've always pictured the song in brickfilm form, not as it is now. This idea has been rattling around in my head for years, but it would take a number of special effects and a massive amount of bricks for city scenes. *shrugs*

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG