Re: Sola Luna [D&L Entry]

This was a very nice entry. Maybe not the best brickfilm I've seen all year, but it is the best looking (with the possible exception of "The Tree").

To be honest, I thought the first half was beautiful, and the second half not as good. But still, as a whole, it works very well.
The look of it is fantastic, and the level of detail in little things, such as the messed up torso and helmet, make up for whatever flaws there might be.
Besides, I love space stuff: it begins with a shot showing low gravity at work. By the time we reach the part with the screens, it can't get any better than that. In fact it doesn't, but the magic remains.
One of the best. Good luck with the contest.

This is a very well done brickfilm, Rioforce! Everything from the glowing crystals to the communication portals was executed perfectly. The sets also really added to the feeling of outer space. Keep up the great work and good luck for the Darkness & Light contest!

Well crafted. Glad I got to give critiques a few weeks ago on it mini/smile (it still would've been amazing without my critiques haha). This is one of my faces of all time. Definitely your best piece of work! 5 bricks hands down.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

I really enjoyed this entry to the Darkness and Light Contest.  One of my favorites!  Great job!

Lately, I haven't been as motivated/inspired to make films due to various reasons, but after watching this film, holy cow, I want to actually do something again. I actually was about to cry at the end just by the way he acted with the girl in his little station thingy. The music, the animation, gosh I loved it all. Rioforce, way to go.

Really nice film.

My only gripe, and im not sure if intentional or not, is that your lego wasn't very clean, the minfigs legs were covered in stuff and the sets were dusty, for me I would have preferred a nice clean set, although i am a bit OCD.

Well done anyway.

Rsteenoven wrote:

My only gripe, and im not sure if intentional or not, is that your lego wasn't very clean, the minfigs legs were covered in stuff and the sets were dusty, for me I would have preferred a nice clean set, although i am a bit OCD.

I actually think the dust works in the film's favor. It gives it character and that stop motion charm.

I really dug the cinematography, obviously. The sense of texture from the lenses, lighting, and set were great. Animation was pretty solid considering you didn't have Dragonframe or another proper animation software, too! I appreciated the visual storytelling in this, and the use of the theme in a fairly direct but not heavy-handed way. Congratulations on your win and on completing a film you can be proud of!

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Quite a film! It was very interesting to see how this filmed developed as I watched each draft. You definitely deserved your win!

Technically this film is great. The cinematography was well executed, the animation was pretty smooth, the lighting was amazing, sound was great, and the score of course was superb as well. Overall it shines. The only nit pick I have is that some of the camera pans seemed a little rough, but besides that I have nothing bad to say.

Spoiler (click to read)

I really loved those glowing crystals.

The story was very interesting, when I first watched it with no sound I was curious to see how the dialogueless dialogue would be executed. I was worried it would be slow paced, but upon watching the final version, I think you conquered it. You obviously achieved the effect of a developing friendship throughout the film, and built emotions you don't normally find in a typical brickfilm.

By the end of the day, this is a very notable brickfilm. Great job rioforce!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Thanks again, everyone! I am so surprised at the reception I have gotten from this film. It really means a lot to me. mini/smile

@GHB Haha, I'm glad it inspired you! I look forward to what you create.

@Rsteenoven The dust and scratched were not completely intentional. I did try to keep my stuff clean, but a lot seems to get dust anyway. However, it is on the moon, so there will be a lot of dust (poor excuse I know mini/tongue).

@Sméagol Thank you Smeagol! I apparently did what I set out to do, which was to create a story without words that people could still relate to. Again, I thank you and the other staff for even starting the contest, and for picking my film for first place. mini/smile

------

I released a Behind the Scenes video explaining some things, if you want to check it out. mini/wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9PH0n0dcgc

Last edited by rioforce (October 7, 2015 (08:34pm))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I loved this one. The story you conveyed without any dialogue was well executed, interesting and beautifully told. Great animation, fantastic camera work and really good soundtrack. I'm sharing this one with everybody. Outstanding!

Wow, didn't realize I had been gone so long! Completely missed this entire contest in my absence...

Anyway, great film Rioforce! I really love the aesthetic of it. I'm a huge fan of dialogue-less brickfilms and you pulled this one off well. The lighting and sets are really nice also. Really nice overall.

good job