Topic: Doctor Who Daleks of Doom

Directory Link

Doctor Who Daleks of Doom

Youtube

When will those silly Daleks learn not to mess with the Doctor? Especially if the Doctor is a Scottish one.

Directed, Animated, Written, and Music Composed by Tristan Kilmer
Starring
Tristan Kilmer as the Doctor and Daleks #1 and #2

Re: Doctor Who Daleks of Doom

Awesome!  I love Doctor Who so this was a special treat.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

I've never claimed to be a fan of your work and usually refrain from commenting for fear of ranting, but this requires something.

Your use of filters had subsided a little bit over the last few videos, which was an improvement, and then BOOM we get this which is Doctor Who if produced by Instagram. We can barely see what's going on, tone it down. Not just the blue, the stock dust elements too, your colour correction needs to reflect the environment and a cliff edge would NOT have large particles of dust floating around.

Also your interpretation of the Doctor is just stereotypically Scottish and the general writing just feels lazy. After fighting the pig things, where did the Daleks come from? There wasn't even a teleport effect to lazily get them in, they were just there. Also, I noticed several pieces of animation just played over and over, such as the sword fight.

This may have been a light-hearted attempt at a Doctor Who short, but it just came off as very lazy.

Last edited by Lisaisanut (September 1, 2015 (01:57pm))

I second everything that Lisaisanut has said. This was nothing like Doctor Who, and was poorly produced. Sorry to be so blunt but the show is something that's quite close to my heart. I couldn't understand a word of what the Doctor or the Daleks were saying, and the mouth animation basically resulted in there not being much actual stop-motion at all after the out-of-place swordfight in the first few seconds. Plus the general aesthetics, the music, and the brickfilm's opening set it up as being a severe action short, when I'm guessing by the few lines I caught at the end that this was meant to be a comedy.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Do you actually enjoy making click bait crap?

Huh, I'm surprised by your comments. I myself found no problem with this film at all!

I don't get what's up with the audio. I found it distracting and difficult to understand much of anything.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I went into this thinking that it was going to be quite good, due to the thumbnail that looked very nice. Then I watched it, and realized that it was a very bad portrayal of Peter Capaldi, stereotyping him as one who plays bagpipes because he's Scottish. Not good.

Where Creativity Meets Logic.
Youtube]

I thought it was great, nice work.