Topic: how should I post an already realeased film's "special edititon"

I'm not sure where should I ask this.

When it comes to releasing an already finished and released film's special edition, wich means something like a director's or extended cut, that has all new fresh scenes and upgraded effetcs, should I just add the link to the original film's directory or more likely post it as a separate release with its own directory and such?

The changes to the original work are around 30% of the whole thing, between "restored scenes" and "added/extended" ones, and this version of the film is to be considered by me when it comes to do sequels.

Re: how should I post an already realeased film's "special edititon"

I'd recommend adding it to the original directory entry, and posting a reply to bump the releases thread so people know about the new version. You could even update the title of the forum thread, perhaps, to include a note that there's a new special edition available.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

I'd recommend adding it to the original directory entry, and posting a reply to bump the releases thread so people know about the new version. You could even update the title of the forum thread, perhaps, to include a note that there's a new special edition available.

Ok, thank you very much

Yeah, I did that with the short Batman film a while back, as I had messed up some things in editing and rendering with several random frames being dropped out and I wanted to rectify these mistakes.

I also made a joke edit of How to Not Rob a Bank, and I simply added the link of the joke edit next to the original link in the topic.  With the original link still there and in its place so that people could see both version of the film.