Topic: [THAC XIII] The Faith of the Skeptic

Directory Link

The Faith of the Skeptic

Youtube

Behind the Scenes Pics

Made in under 24 hours for THAC XIII.

In a moment of crisis, a enigmatic mystic challenges a man to live by faith, but will he trust the mystic, or follow his own judgement?

Not my best THAC film, but it'll have to do. You can probably tell, but about 45 seconds worth of scenes were cut for various reasons, leading to this rushed and incomplete film. Sorry. Life happens.

Re: [THAC XIII] The Faith of the Skeptic

I loved the sets and the lighting in this short.  The character design was clever too.  My only gripe was the story's message wasn't very subtle, but I liked the video nonetheless. 

P.S. Although I like how with your past entries you had connecting stories, it was cool to see something new too

This was a particularly good entry. The lighting was great and your sets were fantastic and very detailed, especially when you had such little time. You do tend to have pretty strong messages when it comes to your films, but I  think that is a good thing. Good job. This is definitely one of my favourite entries.

"...wasn't very subtle"
"...Pretty strong messages"

Well, first, there's this. mini/eh
Second, you're completely right, it isn't subtle. I've never been good at subtlety, so there's something that I can work on next time. I'm sorry if it's off-putting. I think some of the deleted scenes may have helped a bit, but that's THAC deadlines for you.

Thanks for the comments and complements. Seems my technical aspects are well-received, but the story/script could use some more work. Gives me something to think about and work on, thanks.

Also, added a link to the Flickr album of behind-the-scenes pics. Hope ya'll enjoy that.

That was good, Pritchard! I enjoyed the story. While, I can't say it's your very best work, I still liked it, and it's a great accomplishment for THAC. Who needs subtlety anyway mini/tongue

Can't wait to see what you do next!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I'm always really impressed with what you're able to achieve during THAC and BRAWL. The technical aspects of the film were all wonderful, as always. Yes the story could use some work, but it's pretty coherent, and never lost me at any point. It would be nice to see you work on subtlety, but I do think your story writing is getting better. I love the mysterious character, he was very entertaining. I'd also like to point out that your world building has gotten very good. It's always something I like about your films, but in this film especially you did a great job hinting at a bigger universe without wasting time on exposition. It gives a good sense of context to the story. Well done. mini/smile

It's really nice to see all of that green on-set slighting, even for so short a contest as THAC.  I also really liked the staircase design.
mini/smile

I thought the production value on this was good but the writing was too heavy handed. You don't have to directly saying you message in your film. If you have a good message the action of the character will play out the message for you. Just believe in the audience enough that they will understand without being directly told. I thought the sets were excellent and the sound designed added a good deal to the film. Not a big fan of all the dutch angles in the film. They seemed tacked on with no real purpose in mind. The lighting in the spaceship was really pretty and I love the color scheme used in the film.