Topic: Pink Floyd in Lego Land - In the Flesh part 1

Directory Link

Pink Floyd in Lego Land - In the Flesh part 1

Mike Belgrave

Pink Floyd's The Wall redone by The Casio Keyboard Ukulele Lego Orchestra. In the Flesh part 1. Keep checking for updates on further parts of the album.

Re: Pink Floyd in Lego Land - In the Flesh part 1

That was... weird. I enjoyed it though.

EDIT: Ok so maybe that wasn't much of a review.

The audio was a bit meh, even for a Pink Floyd song, it sounded more like a MIDI than anything. The odd singing didn't help much either.

The film itself was quite basic. Lighting was pretty shoddy (remember to make sure your room is dark when you animate, it helps tremendously), but not outright bad. There wasn't much noteworthy animation. But if this is a first shot at brickfilming, then it's actually pretty good.

Last edited by BertL (May 23, 2009 (12:37am))

The audio was a bit meh, even for a Pink Floyd song

mini/blankexpression

My recommendation would be to work on full sets, or backdrops so your walls aren't visible. I think that would add quite a bit to the quality of the film. For animation you certainly were ambitious, but I believe you may benefit from doing some smaller scale stuff like walk cycles to get down the basics. You definitely seem to have drive though, keep working at it and you'll get better mini/smile

that was nice except the multicolered wall and the end of the baseplate

Thanks for the feedback.  It was my very first attempt at a brick film.  The soundtrack is supposed to sound like that.  I do a Dave Gorman-esque type lecture about how I could only use Lego second had or given to me, so I have to take inspiration from whatever I get.  The music can only be composed on an old Casio Keyboard and/or a ukulele.  The idea is to juxtapose the enormity of Pink Floyd's The Wall into the low tech and miniature.  That’s why the voice is squeaky.

I appreciate all the feedback, hope you understand some of the obstacles I’m facing, such as I don’t have enough Lego in one colour to build one colour wall, but then that would be taking the fun out of the project.  Personally I love the multicoloured wall.

First lecture went very well and it had it’s first screening in a room above a pub in London Islington.  Rapturous applause in fact.  Especially when I spent ages building the set, then dropped it smashing it into a million pieces.

The advice of blacking out the room is a great idea.

Just a question, I’m new at this.  What was wrong with the end of the baseplate?  Which scene?  Is that a no no in Lego Land?

no i just saw where the baseplate ended and saw your table

Sorry Mutuceba.  I'm new at this.  I really don't understand what you mean.  Can you elaborate?  I appreciate the feedback by the way.