Topic: Choppy Playback in Sony Vegas Movie Studio?

I'm currently editing with Sony Vegas Movie Studio 13. Since my camera isn't compatible with any animation software (I plan on looking into a C920 for future brickfillms), I edit everything frame by frame. However, the preview playback is pretty choppy and much slower than 15 fps, even when on the "Draft" settings.

Is this just because I have tons of pictures loaded up in the timeline? Is it my computer? Or is there something else I can do to make it closer match the frame rate the video will eventually render at? Thanks.

Edit: Just realized this should probably have gone in the Equipment and Software section, sorry about that.

Last edited by AnimatorUnknown (August 23, 2016 (07:02pm))

Re: Choppy Playback in Sony Vegas Movie Studio?

It's very likely that it's your frame-by-frame method. You know you can just import image sequences right? (Import Media>Select first file>Check the box that says "Use sequence">Set end frame). That would probably help it optimize the timeline.

Of course, that may not be the only issue. How large are your pictures? That's always an issue for me. Also, there's the RAM issue where your computer just has issues with it. I know of this trick where you can change the max ram available to Vegas (from within Vegas' hidden settings menu), but I can't find it again right now. I'll edit this post or reply if I find it later.

P.S. I moved the topic. Feel free to use the handy dandy "Report" button if you need to get the attention of the mods (for reasons such as moving topics). mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b