Re: What brickfilms got you into brickfilming?

For me it would have to be Unrenewable by Philip Heinrich or SmeagolStudios. I just love the noir style of it. The visuals were fantastic and it had a very tight script. For something that was about 10 minutes it manage to have a lot of layers to the story. It really inspired by to push my brickfilms to be more cinematic. Plus the music was just awesome. One of my favorite parts about it mini/tongue .

I'm digging deep into my memories to sort this out.

My earliest brickfilm memories all include the following films, which I saw either right before or just after I discovered Brickfilms.com in 2001 or 2002. All of these films have pages on the Brickfilms Wiki.

The Rescue by Jason Allemann
Haunted by David Pagano
The LEGO-produced brickfilms for LEGO Studios, like Dino Cop.

After discovering Brickfilms.com, I strongly remember:

ONE: A Space Odyssey by Spite Your Face
Also Thwacked Zarathustra and The Big Match by Thomas Foote
Sector 7 by Robert Taylor
Great Inventors Part 1: The Wheel by Stefan van Zwam
Zero Gravity Rebellion and The Letter by James Maduzia

Of these, Sector 7 is unique. I don't think I'm exaggerating in stating that I might be the only person who remembers Sector 7. For some reason, it left an impact on me as a kid, and I distinctly remembered it for many years. In fact, it was the film that inspired me to start the Brickfilms Archival Project, because I thought Sector 7 was lost to the abyss. Amazingly, Penta was able to help me track it down.

I was watching Robot Chicken one night and thought making stop motion videos would be fun to do.  I downloaded a trial version of iStopmotion and made a few stop motion videos using a wooden toy train set and some Hot Wheels cars.  One evening at the dinner table my step-son told me there are lots of LEGO stop motion videos on Youtube and he showed me a Forrestfire101 video. His brickfilms led me to find other brickfilms. The story telling potential using LEGO was unlimited and my step-son had a pretty good collection of LEGO that I could borrow. I was hooked from point on.

For me it was this one. When I saw this I said "I have to do that!"

I discovered brickfilms by the starwars animation contest winners on the lego website, got interested in brickfilming from the Paganomation lego club show segments, and then discovered the brickfilming community through Nathan Wells and  Pritchard Studios on youtube.