Topic: Equipment & Software Deals

Hey, I couldn't find a thread like this when I searched for it, but I know there's one for buying LEGO already. I was thinking it would be just like that one, except for buying equipment and software. Basically it's just for when you see a product that you'd recommend on sale or if you are wondering how good a certain deal is and wanted feedback.

To start, this is essentially the same deal I got when I bought my Canon T5i around the beginning of this year, except it's a little better.

Re: Equipment & Software Deals

But that's not even a good deal, you could get an SL1 which basically has the same internals only it's smaller and doesn't have a flip out screen and get it with two lenses rather then one for about $280 less. Or you could get it without bad lenses and just buy the right lenses for your animation and the body would only cost $400, which is $380 less, that's the cost of Dragonframe plus $90 extra dollars!

For sure, Sloth! This is exactly what this thread is for. Thanks for the recommendation!

If anyone was wanting to buy it, the refurbished Rebel SL1 is only $280 right now, either with or without a kit lens. This is a pretty common deal, it seems like, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Hitfilm is holding a stock footage giveaway for the Christmas (holiday) season. It includes 25 different video elements, including explosions, smoke, and ground hits; some are apparently in 4k. I downloaded the pack, but haven't opened it yet, so I'm not sure of everything that's included.
You can see more about the giveaway in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqyLaL43wkw

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

FeinsteinFilms wrote:

Hitfilm is holding a stock footage giveaway for the Christmas (holiday) season. It includes 25 different video elements, including explosions, smoke, and ground hits; some are apparently in 4k. I downloaded the pack, but haven't opened it yet, so I'm not sure of everything that's included.
You can see more about the giveaway in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqyLaL43wkw

Downloaded the pack. A nice little assortment of clips that will probably work their way into a project or two eventually.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Animashooter is on sale right now for $32. I've been working with it using a trial code for the past couple days, and I really think it's worth it if you use a DSLR but don't have the money for Dragonframe; I'm going to buy it right now. It has some weaknesses, such as not being able to play back animation as a video during capture, and a few clumsy aspects of the UI. But having onion skinning and the ability to immediately review frames is so valuable if you've been shooting blind like me. It also has RAW caputure and camera control and all that. I'm pretty impressed with it for the price. Also, it's quite stable software, it hasn't crashed on me at all.