Topic: Opening super old Lego Studios MovieMaker files?

Hi everyone,

I had the Lego Studios MovieMaker set over a decade ago, and I recently rediscovered a bunch of super-old MovieMaker files. I seem to have stupidly (as I was a little kid) never exported any of the finished movies, so I have individual .avi clips in project folders along with a ".lgs" file in each folder. I'm happy that I at least have the clips, but I've been wondering if there would be any way to open the .lgs files and export the movies. I don't have the MovieMaker software or CD anymore. It might be impossible by now but if anyone knows a way that would be awesome.

Thank you!

Re: Opening super old Lego Studios MovieMaker files?

Hello, volcanoconiosis.
So you had the old LEGO Studios Steven Spielberg Movie Maker set and software. I don't think there's a way to get your hands on the ancient software anymore. However, if you have the .avi's, you could open them in a video editor like Windows Movie Maker (Windows) or iMovie (Mac) and export them that way. If you do that option, you could also add sound to your videos. Hope this helps.

-Brickman

Actually, you can download an .iso or a .zip (recommended) of LEGO Studios in Dutch from the Bio Media Project. You'll have to extract the ZIP, and change the Setup.exe file to compatibility mode for Windows XP before running it. You may have to do that to the installed program as well. It ran well on my computer, and, despite the fact I can't read Dutch, I got it installed. Hopefully it'll work on yours as well!

But if you don't get that working, try opening the video files in VLC media player. It tends to open obscure .AVI files a lot better than Windows products do. You can convert using VLC as well.

Good luck!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

This has the possibility of not being legit, but if you want an English version, in this stackexchange thread there is a link to this English .iso version for XP  (it looks like it is legit since the person who asked the question posted this as his answer, so we can assume he tried it).

rioforce wrote:

You'll have to extract the ZIP, and change the Setup.exe file to compatibility mode for Windows XP before running it. You may have to do that to the installed program as well. It ran well on my computer, and, despite the fact I can't read Dutch, I got it installed. Hopefully it'll work on yours as well!

But if you don't get that working, try opening the video files in VLC media player. It tends to open obscure .AVI files a lot better than Windows products do. You can convert using VLC as well.

Good luck!

Thank you!! It worked.