Topic: Animation Test #2

Animation Test #2

Raw Footage

In this test I've tried a few things I've never done before, firstly my new tripod (Sachtler ACE M MS) which has a fluid head allowed me to try some basic pan and tilts which I don't think the cheapo ball head tripod I had before would've been very good at.

I've also tried wire removal for the shots where the opponent jumps up, and the other opponent stands up. The results aren't perfect, since there is a little light flicker in the footage, partly through using the Canon kit lens without using the lens twist method, and partly through my inexperience with After Effects.

Compared to my previous tests and the videos I did years ago, I've tried to make the minifig movements more natural, It's nowhere near perfect by any means. I think it'd make life easier if I bought Dragonframe and stopped shooting blindly.

As I get more equipped I want to purchase better lighting equipment, and obviously I need to start building sets to shoot stuff in. As I'm writing this, I've ordered a set of extension tubes for my camera as well as a couple of other lenses. The projects I'm planning require a level of framing and lighting I'm not yet equipped to do.

Thanks for watching! Obviously more to come soon!

EDIT: Fixed the frame blending problem, when I previewed the video in VLC Player before uploading it you could see the blending, must be a setting needs to be changed in VLC...

Last edited by Aled Owen (December 1, 2016 (03:09pm))

Re: Animation Test #2

To get rid of the frame blending in sony vegas, right click on your video, then go to switches then press disable resample. If that doesn't work I don't know what else it could be. You can disable it on one clip alone or by selecting all clips at the same time then disabling the resample on one of them.. Hope that works.

Last edited by BlackSmithFilms (December 1, 2016 (10:12am))

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

I don't see any frame blending here (on a youtube video, use the "." and "," symbols to go frame by frame). However, the figures don't seem to be fully in focus. Maybe that's your problem?

I know that, on my camera (which can't connect to the computer while filming, unfortunately), such a small display makes it hard to get the focus just right on every shot.

Just having the figures on the "threshold of being in-focus" can sometimes make their edges a bit softer than would be ideal... even though they don't really look too blurry.

I find that Sony Vegas usually exports cleanly... I actually have to manually add frame-blending for that effect to happen.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

After watching the raw video on youtube of this test I can clearly see the frame blending when pausing it. And i can still see it when watching it. I have had that problem before, and if you do what I said by disabling the resampling you will fix it.

Last edited by BlackSmithFilms (December 1, 2016 (04:00pm))

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Yeah for the final video I did that after finding a tutorial on Youtube, when I previewed the video in VLC player before I uploaded it there still appeared to be frame blending.

Well I'm glad the problem is not in vegas but vlc. I haven't really worked with vlc So i don't have a solution for that. Good Luck
You can just export your photos into vegas as a image sequence if you want, then set it to your fps. That might help.

Last edited by BlackSmithFilms (December 1, 2016 (04:18pm))