Topic: Dragonframe doesn't list my DSLR in the capture sources

Hello, fellow animators mini/bigsmile
I’ve been using Dragonframe for some time now, never had an issue.
Today I installed my Dragonframe in this PC for the first time, connected my DSLR via USB as usual and turned it on to the Live View mode (it’s an EOS 550D and it's indeed supported by Dragonframe, I've always used it with this camera mini/blankexpression ).
It doesn’t seem to want to be recognized as a capture camera by Dragonframe…. it recognizes my webcam (a Logitech C920), my ManyCam virtual camera (which I use to share my desktop with friends over Skype), but the EOS 550D isn’t listed there !!! I never had such problems with Dragonframe before, my DSLR always worked fine on there, after all Dragonframe is famous for its huge DSLR support !!!

I’m currently using Windows 10 x64.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/4865a57e7ca74de9b3e998e9df8c68cc.png As you can see, ManyCam and DigiCam appear just fine, but not my EOS 550D.
I can't use Digicam as a "pass-thru" because the quality gets a lot worse and I can't use the DSLR controls that Dragonframe offers to control exposure, focus and ISO.

I've been having this issue with a lot of other programs as well, such as AnimaShooter Capture, not showing my DSLR, AMCap (but probably AMCap doesn't support DSLRs anyway) and MonkeyJam, which normally supports DSLRs.

The camera works fine and EOS Utility allows me to use the Live View, but why not Dragonframe ??

Last edited by Elia1995 (January 7, 2017 (07:45am))

I'm a film-making student, I love making brickfilms since 2008-2009, even though I haven't made any full-lenght feature yet...

Re: Dragonframe doesn't list my DSLR in the capture sources

Anyone knows what the issue might be ?
I haven't managed to solve this issue yet mini/sad

I'm a film-making student, I love making brickfilms since 2008-2009, even though I haven't made any full-lenght feature yet...

I don't know. Have you tried turning on you camera before you open Dragon Frame, and then after you open Dragon Frame? Also have you tried contacting the Dragon Frame team? It seems like they would be able to help.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Shot in the dark here, but is it possible that Dragonframe lists it as a "Canon T2i"? They were marketed under a different name in the United States where Dragonframe is made, but the t2i is the same camera as the 550D.

edit: I was confused by the Italian (?) in the screenshot but now I'm thinking upon re-reading that you're saying it simply won't detect it at all. I don't have a solution for that, maybe somebody else would such as the Dragonframe support team.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Here is a link to the page on dragonframe for the 550D: http://www.dragonframe.com/cameras/canon_eos_550d.html

Note that it says the 550D is supported with versions 2, 3 and 3.6, so perhaps you are using a version where your camera is not supported?

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

This happens to me every once and a while with my Canon T3. I just make sure to have the camera on first; quit out of EOS Utility if it automatically boots, then load up Dragonframe. Just try again if it doesn't detect. That usually does it for me. Otherwise have you tried a different USB cable? I've heard lengthy cords have some connectivity issues. Let me know if this works.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff