Topic: Billy's Girlfriend from Preschool

Directory Link

Billy's Girlfriend from Preschool

Youtube

Billy's WORST nightmare comes true!

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

Re: Billy's Girlfriend from Preschool

Okay, so I've watched this several times, and now I know what it is that bothers me about it. Everything that I can tell about it from a technical animation standpoint is well done (as is expected of a VN animation).
But it feels incomplete.
They're about to go on a date at her bidding, but then that's it. She makes him change clothes, and put on the handcuffs and then... done. From a story standpoint it feels like there should be a whole series of vignette moments of them at a cafe or McDonald's or something. Heck, even a 2 second clip of him breaking free and dashing out of the restaurant ending in a freeze-frame of his chaotic exodus would be enough to clinch it... but as it is, it feels unresolved.

I feel for Billy. I really do.

Well done on the animation! mini/wink

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png

After seeing this pop up in the new posts section I realized that I had forgotten to comment on it! mini/tongue

Anyhoo, the main thing I wanted to say was that the animation was superb. I really love the rocking motion that you get here - both with the camera and the figures. mini/wink

nswihart wrote:

Okay, so I've watched this several times, and now I know what it is that bothers me about it. Everything that I can tell about it from a technical animation standpoint is well done (as is expected of a VN animation).
But it feels incomplete.
They're about to go on a date at her bidding, but then that's it.

Thank you for the feedback. I intend this to be a mini series, the next installment will be about their date. The story is just getting started! mini/smile I maybe should've included the episode number on the title, but I just figured I'd have that on the next one.

nswihart wrote:

Heck, even a 2 second clip of him breaking free and dashing out of the restaurant ending in a freeze-frame of his chaotic exodus would be enough to clinch it... but as it is, it feels unresolved.

You've got a point. Even though the story will continue with future installments, something like that would have helped it as a stand alone episode.

Thanks again for expressing your opinion.

Last edited by VN (January 27, 2017 (01:08pm))

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff