Re: "Spring Blossoms" - A BrickVideo Studio Contest

I knew I wouldn't get started on this until about now - I have the idea and can visualise what I want the film to look like ---- Now all I need to do is  build a set, shoot all my footage, re-shoot what I'm not happy with and then edit  .......... good job there is a whole month to go before deadline.............. mini/smile

DNAnimation

Sorry, not going to be able to make it mini/sad only just got ready to start animating as I've been away from animation the last 3 weeks as I went on holiday on my first visit to the US and I've had prep for and actual exams the last two weeks. It's a shame, I've had the idea in my head since the beginning of this year and since it involved flowers it was a perfect opportunity mini/sad ah well, I guess I'll now have to decide whether I make the animation or destroy all that I made and save it for later...

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

shooting complete -Finally at editing and adding audio stage - this has definitely been a challenge time juggling but I really wanted to enter this one ............ will hopefully submit before end of the week mini/smile

DNAnimation

I wasn't sure if I would find the time to get something together, but I filmed a 30-second entry today. Will submit tonight or tomorrow.

Fantastic! The entries are slowly starting to roll in... Can't wait to watch them!

Also, a heads up to everyone: You have just over 24 hours to submit a video.]

Also, just as a forewarning, this is a busy weekend for me, so I apologize if things move a bit slowly - namely with updating the website's received entries list. If you submit a video and see a confirmation message, rest assured that it has been submitted, and I'll get it added as soon as can.

I got too late of a start on my submission, and will not make the deadline. Thanks to Daniel for hosting another Brickvideo contest and I'll try to make it next time.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

VN wrote:

I got too late of a start on my submission, and will not make the deadline. Thanks to Daniel for hosting another Brickvideo contest and I'll try to make it next time.

Ah bummer. Are you still going to finish it?

Daniel wrote:
VN wrote:

Ah bummer. Are you still going to finish it?

Yeah for sure.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

VN wrote:

Yeah for sure.

Great! At least we can all still enjoy it mini/smile

I didn't get to submit mine in time either. mini/sad  Best of luck to everyone who did though!

-Brickman

UPDATE - CONTEST CLOSED]

Hi folks!

A lot of great brickfilms were submitted in the final hours. We're still sorting through them and are waiting to hear back from a few of you, but the most current list can be seen here.

If your video should be on this list, then please email us IMMEDIATELY. We don't want you to miss out on the great prizes, but we can't wait forever. We will be finalizing our list in the next few days. Send emails to: [email protected]

Judging and fan voting will commence once the entries are finalized. Be sure to check back later this week.

Brickman wrote:

I didn't get to submit mine in time either. mini/sad  Best of luck to everyone who did though!

-Brickman

Noooo I was looking forward to seeing yours! mini/sad  Are you going to finish it?

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

IT'S TIME TO VOTE!]

Head over to our website to pick your favorite "Spring Blossoms" entries!

Voting will remain open through Monday, July 3rd. We will try to post the final results some time next week.

Good luck everyone!

For voting purposes, could we see the six entries that have no YouTube links? Maybe you could upload them unlisted or host them on Google Drive?

Penta wrote:

For voting purposes, could we see the six entries that have no YouTube links? Maybe you could upload them unlisted or host them on Google Drive?

Good suggestion. I'll upload them now.

Edit: All videos are now on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … -scjUCGCwx

Last edited by Daniel (June 28, 2017 (02:59pm))

I voted!

Penta wrote:

I voted!

Great! So far we have 35 votes.

Tomorrow's the last day, so if you haven't done so, make sure to vote soon!

Finally got a chance to see all the entries. Just Voted!

We have our winners!]

Congrats, and thanks everyone for making this another fun contest!

Congratulations! These were my three favourite entries, so I'm glad to see them win. Thanks for hosting the contest!