Topic: Temple Raider

Directory Link

Temple Raider

Watch here

An Indiana Jones-shaped explorer gets what's coming to him.

Re: Temple Raider

Awesome film man! The lighting and sets were really cool! Good job!:D

Haha, this is awesome!

Amazing! I loved the cinematography at the beginning, the animation was very smooth, the set was designed very well, and of course I have to give thumbs up for the Indiana Jones and Star Wars cameos mini/lol I'm interested to know in what way you achieved the affect of showing above the raider when he is dangling above a pit. Did you move the camera above him, turn the set with base against the wall or what? Oh, and I liked the ending mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Ah, Lego Adventurers and Lego Indiana Jones, two of my favorite themes.  I enjoyed watching this and thought that it was very well done.  My one slight problem with it though was the shot at :40. 

This shot confused me for a second because I wasn't sure what the background behind the character was.  We went from seeing the man pulling himself up, and the passageway he had walked down was behind him.  The next shot, the one at :40, showed the man standing up, but the background changes to what was on his right in the shot before.  This change in perspective was a bit jarring, and I think that it might have been improved by having a tight shot, straight on, when he pulls himself up, or a wider shot of him standing up with the chasm in it to show us the relation to the last shot. 

I hope I was able to explain myself well, but aside from that shot I thought the short was great.  The boulder and the group chasing him I thought were two bits of animation that stood out.  The lighting was also great, and I liked how you had two colors, blue and red, for the interior shots.  A very nice short and I look forward to seeing your next one!

All around excellent. Everything about this is very polished. Nice work!

Very well done! That was very smooth and the ending was fantastic.

What I loved about this short was how standard, yet how entertaining it was. You hit all of the usual Indiana Jones opening temple scene cues but you did it in a well timed way. You condensed it into under a minute and a half of animation yet still told the overall same story.

Great work on the lighting! The reds and blues really made it feel like an 'old timey' 50s - 60s film. (My first thought was the old Star Trek series where they used colored gels to add depth - and try to get people to buy new color TV sets...)

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

I really liked the ending, the sets were also REALLY cool. BTW the added stormtrooper was a nice touch. What frame-rate is that shot at?

the only problem I found was that you had a reddish low limiting from the pit he jumped, suggesting there was lava in it, but when he jumped over the pit the red-ish glow disapered and there was just a floor and skeleton down there, other-wise I LOVED IT:lol:

Mod edit: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. Thanks!

Last edited by rioforce (April 27, 2017 (07:54pm))