Topic: Lego WWI - The Battle of the Somme - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED URGENTLY!!!

EDIT: I just thought I would update this casting call one last time now that all the parts have been taken, even though I doubt anyone cares mini/tongue

This is the casting call for my upcoming movie which is almost completed. EDIT: I need voice actors pretty quickly, and while I would still like British accents if you can't do one, then send me an audition anyway and I'll decide if I can use your voice or not. Even if you can only do a really bad accent, I would still like to hear it. Please audition!

PILOT:
Talks with a sense of positivity, and is proud of what he has achieved.
N. of lines: 5
Test line: It looks like the bombardment was a success.
Extra info: None
Taken by LegoJosephStudios!

GENERAL:
Confident in his men and is the sort who is always encouraging people to do their best and try their hardest. He talks with a serious tone.
N. of lines: 7
Test line: a) Tell our troops to get an early night. They'll need it.
          or b) Good luck out there lads! You'll need it! Fix bayonets!
Extra info: None
Taken by William Osborne!

RYAN
One of the main characters. Cocky, optimistic, believes that everything that happens is meant to be and that everything is skill. He fears nothing.
N. of lines: 8
Test line: Ha! There is no such thing as luck!
Extra info:
Taken by SurfSmurf778!

KENNY
The other main character, he is more serious and realistic than his friend and calculates the risks rather than just diving into them head first.
N. of lines: 5
Test line: a) Okay. Let's try and reach the next good ol' we can find.
          or b)We're gonna make it, you and me. (note that this is one of the lines where expressing your emotions will be helpful)
Extra info: As partly stated above, the voice actor for Kenny must be able to get emotional at one point, so please bear this in mind if you would like to audition for Kenny.
Taken by JohnDthunDer!

GERMAN OFFICER
This guy is all about speed and does not tolerate any messing about in the slightest. He is ruthless and is prepared to do whatever it takes to kill all of the British.
N. of lines: 1 line of speech (split into 4 different parts of the movie)
Test line: Setzen Sie Ihr Fuer fort! (Translates as "Continue your fire!')
Extra info: German accent would be nice, but at the end of the day it is not 100% necessary.
Taken by someone outside of BiM!

If you would like to audition, then please send your auditions to [email protected]

P.S. If anyone is German speaking/knows a fair bit of German (I'm not talking about individual words here but rather knowing how to form sentences etc. as the limited German that I had learnt has completely disappeared from my memory mini/tongue and so I've had to use Google translate mini/jaw for the lines of the German Officer, and I don't really trust Google translate mini/lol)

Last edited by Dragon Brick Studios (October 8, 2017 (05:07am))

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Re: Lego WWI - The Battle of the Somme - VOICE ACTORS NEEDED URGENTLY!!!

I don't trust Google anything, but when I use worldlingo.com to translate, I get good results when I avoid submitting idiomatic English to the translator.  Also, I had a contact from Germany who said he'd help with any German I needed.  I never contacted him and it's been 3 years, but maybe this lead is not dead.  I can try if you PM me lines.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Again, i too don't trust google translate its landed me in a bit of trouble more than once mini/lol out of interest how English do the accents need to be, any specific region in England? Or can an accent be Scottish Welsh or Irish since ya know they too fought in the war. It would be great if you could answer these mini/smile

Last edited by The Jamo Jar (July 31, 2017 (05:42am))

"Faith is seeing light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness"
"The meaning of life is to find your gift, the purpose of life is to give it away"~ Pablo Picasso
"If you believe it you can achieve it"

The Jamo Jar wrote:

Again, i too don't trust google translate its landed me in a bit of trouble more than once mini/lol out of interest how English do the accents need to be, any specific region in England? Or can an accent be Scottish Welsh or Irish since ya know they too fought in the war. It would be great if you could answer these mini/smile

Hello! I think I recognise ya mini/wink Welcome Jamo Jar to BiM, and yes I am happy for any sort of UK accent, so I am perfectly happy for you to voice act, if you want to. As I have mentioned I would like to get someone with a German accent for the German officer (and while I may have a potential voice actor for the German, if there are any German speakers here/ people who can do a good German accent then feel free to voice act)! However if you want to audition for any of the other 3 then feel free! mini/smile

Note to all: I will try and post some BTS pictures of the set and everything on the Production log that I have completely and utterly neglected throughout the course of this project to show you all what you might be able to expect.

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Hay! Thanks dragon brick! It's great to see a familiar face here, I don't know how I haven't found bricks in motion sooner!!! I'll definitely be sending in a couple of auditions especially for kenny, as his character really appeals to me.

"The meaning of life is to find your gift, the purpose of life is to give it away"~ Pablo Picasso

The Jamo Jar wrote:

Hay! Thanks dragon brick! It's great to see a familiar face here, I don't know how I haven't found bricks in motion sooner!!! I'll definitely be sending in a couple of auditions especially for kenny, as his character really appeals to me.

Okay, great! I look forward to them mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I have posted some BTS shots of this brick film in its Production Log Check them out here!

Last edited by Dragon Brick Studios (August 1, 2017 (02:45pm))

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I'd happily take part if there are any roles still open!

There certainly is! mini/smile It would be great if you wanted to audition for any of them mini/bigsmile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

A couple of quick questions, sorry mini/blankexpression what format do you want the audition audio to be in? MP3 etc. Also how soon are you going to need the lines as I can probably do them in the next few days.

Next few days is fine. As long as it is .mp3 or .wav etc. I'm sure that it should work. If it doesn't then I'll let you know mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Ok I'll try my best to get it done before I go on duke of ed on Monday. I'll send a couple of different file formats to be safe.

There are still roles available for the General, Ryan and the German Officer! Seeing as I have finished all of the animation now, it is important that I get people for voices in the next few days!

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

I'll do my audition for the General tomorrow!

William Osborne wrote:

I'll do my audition for the General tomorrow!

Thanks a bunch!!!! It really means a lot to have people like you auditioning for my brickfilm mini/yes

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?