Topic: LEGO Ninjago: Rooftop Brawl

Directory Link

LEGO Ninjago: Rooftop Brawl

The Film

My newest Stopmotion is a cool karate style fight scene between Sensei Wu and Kai.

Re: LEGO Ninjago: Rooftop Brawl

Great work, and some really nice effects. The rain looked real, how did you achieve that? The little sparks and things were nice and subtle, felt more than seen. The lighting and cinematography worked well too. Bigger/more exaggerated movements and stronger gravity would make a fight like this a little more impacting I think. The motion was really smooth too. Did you do some kind of motion blur effect?

Last edited by thistof (August 15, 2017 (01:53am))

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

Re: LEGO Ninjago: Rooftop Brawl

thistof wrote:

Great work, and some really nice effects. The rain looked real, how did you achieve that? The little sparks and things were nice and subtle, felt more than seen. The lighting and cinematography worked well too. Bigger/more exaggerated movements and stronger gravity would make a fight like this a little more impacting I think. The motion was really smooth too. Did you do some kind of motion blur effect?

The rain was achieved using a spray bottle filled with water spraying the set every couple of frames or so. Definitely still got a lot to improve on animation wise but I think this was a step in the right direction so thanks for the critiques. I used a plugin in called Pixel Motion Blur in After Effects to smooth the animation a little but its very subtle.