Topic: Lego Super Mario Bros

Directory Link

Lego Super Mario Bros

The link to the video!

Hi! I am pretty new to Lego Stop Motion! So the quality of the video is kind of terrible and the lighting sucks too. Also I don't quite get the frames per second despite watching many tutorials. Can anyone give me some tips and suggestions? Thanks!

Bacon rules the world!
My Youtube Channel

Re: Lego Super Mario Bros

For being your first stop-motion this is really good. The sprite builds all look great, it's not too often that you see people animate such large scale objects.

Very nice! As Unknown said, its kind of rare to see animations with such large scale props.

I feel you could benefit from using the easing technique. This video explains it better then I probably could:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIrz9f0IVyQ

As for lighting, I can't give you much advice, as I still struggle to get it right. Are you using natural light or do you have a three point set up? Natural light is generally a bad idea, so if you are still using that, I suggest you upgrade.

I look forward to more stuff from you in the future!

YouTube | Twitter | Brick à Brack | Discord @ Undershadow#9982
   -- If a frame were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire by now --

I can definitely agree with everything that the other guys have said, but here are a few other things:

Animation:

Undershadow is right, easing in and out is very important. However, I would like to recommend this video, which I think explains it perfectly. As for fps (frames per second), that is just how many pictures (frames) there are in a second, and so the higher the fps the smoother the animation, although most generally settle for 15fps, as that makes it feel smooth and realistic (if done right). Some go for 24fps, which can also look good, although some feel that no longer looks like a brickfilm when you get to that level, and I think that everyone will agree with me when I say don't go above 24fps, as then it looks too smooth. However,  seeing as you're new to brickfilming, I would recommend starting at 12fps, as it can be hard to start off with 15fps as a beginner.

Lighting:

I don't know if you're using natural light (if so then stop and start using desk lamps)!!! I also don't know if you're using a phone, webcam or camera to film, but if you're using a camera then the light flicker is coming from the lights (if you are using lamps) otherwise it may be the phone/webcam, but it could still be the lights.

To find out more about resolving light flicker  issues, check this out

Last edited by Dragon Brick Studios (August 17, 2017 (02:48am))

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Thank you guys for giving me very helpful suggestions! I'll try to improve my stop motion skills in the future. Anyways thanks again guys!!!

Bacon rules the world!
My Youtube Channel