Topic: Shots are darker in Dragonframe when using a macro lens

So I've been taking some test shots with a second hand macro lens that I got in the last couple of months. I'm not sure what the exact model is, but it is a SIGMA macro lens 1:28 f=50mm made for Canon and is used with a Kecay Mount Adapter (if you need any more technical info then let me know). The problem that i am having is that the video assist image is very dark on the usual shutter speed (for me that's 1/30), yet when I look at the final high resolution images and all of my test shots the brightness is fine. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Re: Shots are darker in Dragonframe when using a macro lens

I'm not sure if this is your issue, but if your aperture is locked at anything other than wide open then the live view will be darker than the final result. A 'fix' for this is to adjust the Exposure Preview Offset (I believe it's somewhere in the Cinematography workspace).

While this won't necessarily make the live view and high res images look exactly the same, it should help if you're having trouble seeing what you are doing through the live view.

YouTube

"If you find a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

Thanks, this made it work! For some reason, it does show the darker version for a split second every time I take a frame, but it could be worse mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

What I do is put my Canon camera onto TV mode on the dial (that's shutter priority) and it clears it up since it stops assuming the aperture is all the way open. This works best for me. I've used Exposure offset before, but strangely, it doesn't always work for me.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Okay, I'll also give that a go when I next use it mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?