Topic: The Red-Haired Man

Directory Link

The Red-Haired Man

Link 1

The red-haired man is an absurd miniature No. 10 from the work of Daniil Kharms "The Blue Notebook", also later included in the series "Cases" under No. 1

1936-1937

Re: The Red-Haired Man

Wow, very nice and a tragic story. I really felt the character's terror as

Spoiler (click to read)

his very existence was stripped away from him!

I wasn't sure about the music at first, but as the story progressed I felt it fit well, both in the idea of him being

Spoiler (click to read)

a toy or creation whose exsistence is being denied by his creator

as well as a stark contrast of juxtaposing the lively feeling of the music with the existentialist tragedy.

I have two small critiques, purely on a technical level.

One is that when the narration came in, it was difficult to hear it over the music. I did a search for the poem so I could read it and make sure I got every word. Best to either "duck out" or reduce the volume of the music once the narrator comes in, or simply have all of the music played at a lower level to make sure that the voice over can be heard clearly.

The second is that the frame rate dropped suddenly at one point which made me back up the video because I wasn't sure if the connection had paused. The part was when the finger first points at the character. What I would recommend when you need to hold on a pose for a few seconds is to shoot five or six frames of the held pose, and repeat them as long as you need to. This way the video still feels alive and "breathing" even though no movement is happening. I often do this when I hit a pose that I think I may need to hold on. If I don't end up looping the held pose, there's nothing lost, and I can cut it out in editing, but it's nice to have the option there.

This is a really great video. It's interesting to see a video based on such interesting and mature source material as the poems of Daniil Kharms, who I had not heard of but am glad to have been introduced to through your videos. I love "cihldren's" literature that respects the intelligence of children, exploring deep concepts in an accessible way. It reminds me a little of Shel Silverstein in that way. It's also nice to see some animation using the "Pagano Puppet" scale!

Will there be more stories in your series of Daniil Kharms poems? Looking forward to whatever it is you do next!

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

Thank you very much. We are mastering the craft, so there are a lot of thing to improve. We are planing to make one more Kharms' story. It is coming soon. mini/smile

You're off to a great start! I can't wait to see the next one!

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png