Topic: [BRAWL 2018] CAPTAIN UGH

Directory Link

CAPTAIN UGH [BRAWL 2018]

Link 1

COMMENTS PLZ!

Making Motion  Youtube

Re: [BRAWL 2018] CAPTAIN UGH

Hehe!

I'm always one for superhero films involving goofy heroes doing silly things.
This totally fits the bill.

It takes a bit, but once it reaches the decision/opportunity moment, it actually does a great job of slowing the film down, letting us feel the hero thinking, and then completely, well, let's just say the final choice is at once perfectly hilarious and totally unexpected.

Spoiler (click to read)

I actually expected Ugh to save the evil guy, and not either innocent victim; nice job subverting even that.

The flying motions are top-notch in their erratic and goofy motion, though the rig removal artifacts are a bit noticeable. In fact, all of Ugh's animation was wild and very "big" giving him great character and quickly setting him apart. The pan out from the white window was also a very nice transition, although I was initially confused about where he was. A quick review revealed that the decision scene was inside the building seen from the outside in the previous shot, but I simply hadn't noticed that the first time through. Perhaps zooming out from the door, instead of the window, would have cleared that up a bit more.

It's a delightful and lighthearted film that perfectly satisfies my superhero itch while doing a great job with the BRAWL theme.

All it needed was a "No Crawme" reference...

Re: [BRAWL 2018] CAPTAIN UGH

Pritchard Studios wrote:

All it needed was a "No Crawme" reference...

LOL I AGREE mini/lol

Making Motion  Youtube