Topic: [BRAWL 2018] Flight Plan

Directory Link

Flight Plan | A BRAWL 2018 Entry

The Film

A chance encounter in an airport departure lounge.

Got Brickfilms if you want em'
Youtube Channel | Twitter | Insta

Re: [BRAWL 2018] Flight Plan

Nice!
Everything from the brilliant miniscale opening set to the larger set later perfectly captured the airport atmosphere. The minimodels outside the windows continued to sell the effect, and the unorthodox headphone construction was astonishingly creative. As has been noted elsewhere, the typing animation is stellar, and the expression of choice at 1:51 is perfect! Little things like his messing with his hair, and the transition at 1:52 showed a lot of talent and attention to detail.

The pacing of the short is something else I'd like to complement. Shots were several seconds long, and it took the time to allow pauses and moments to let the plot breath naturally.

The story is also a good commentary on modern culture. Even better, it's done without dialog. For good or ill, you have perfectly captured why I don't really care for the obsession with modern smartphones. (I'll also be the first to say I've been guilty of ignoring people while being on one, but I'd like to do better with that.) I also like how using a smartphone isn't presented as evil, (because it's not) only that you may miss something deeper, or miss somebody real if you're too obsessed with it.

Anywho, great film all around! It's a delightful little moral in a well polished package. What more could you want?