Re: Weed Cops - THAC 6

Night Owl wrote:

Yeah, I've gone from being the brickfilming world's Jim Jarmusch to being its John Waters.

I insist that you start work on "Brick Flamingos" right this instant.

okay, this is going no where, so SHUT UP!!!!

This is the most deep and insightful comment you have made thus far.  Thank you, livinglego.

Spoiler (click to read)

I really hope you read the sarcasm.

Last edited by Cheshire (March 21, 2009 (04:58pm))

Dude, what do you have against film nerd jokes?

Night Owl wrote:

Dude, what do you have against film nerd jokes?

I'm through with this debate, so SHUP THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!(yes I used a cuss word)

Relax, I was poking fun at your seeming aversion to our talking about John Waters.

And your using a swear word either proves your point or mine, I'm not sure. mini/tongue

The trick to being through with debates is to stop taking part in them.

So yeah, anyway, Weed Cops...

It's not that much of a special film, really.

It's hilarious how this totally exploded into a big war in which livinglego used profanity while complaining about profanity.

I dig irony.

- Leo

Great film for being made in under 24 hours, despite the cinematography not quite being up to Night Owl's usual standards. I thought the 70's feel was quite well pulled off, though was it just me, or did the police chief sound like Vizzini (the Sicilian played by Wallace Shawn) from The Princess Bride?

...and I was going to comment on the debate going on in this thread, but I think I'd rather leave myself out of it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/KimGohlich/Misc/sig_img_2.jpg

Kim Gohlich wrote:

...and I was going to comment on the debate going on in this thread, but I think I'd rather leave myself out of it.

You are a very smart man.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Leonardo812 wrote:

It's hilarious how this totally exploded into a big war in which livinglego used profanity while complaining about profanity.

I dig irony.

- Leo

yeah, it's ironic, I meant for the irony by the way. now shupt ur fricin' !@#$%^& up! lol

Night Owl wrote:

Relax, I was poking fun at your seeming aversion to our talking about John Waters.

And your using a swear word either proves your point or mine, I'm not sure. mini/tongue

it proves both

You can't just tell people to shut up if they start refuting your attacks in defense and seriously expect them to comply.  Particularly in a film review thread that you have done your best to take off-topic.  And trying to be ironic by being hypocritical doesn't make you look clever, it makes you look like a hypocrite.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

your point is........?

I hope livinglego is http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/22.gif if he keeps this up, myself.

Last edited by Cheshire (March 21, 2009 (08:38pm))

His point is that Chuck Norris AND Mr. T both hate debates about this film, and will gladly team up to pity and roundhouse kick any fool who ares continue them.

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

I'd like to meet Mr. T, so continuing this discussion, I am. Now, I won't say I want to see livinglego banned, but as advice to you livinglego, people really won't pay any heed to your moral code, or even a national moral code (if there truly were such a thing) on the internet. If you wish to debate what is proper for use on this site, I think you would be better off lodging a complaint in site feedback, or the community forum. However, if you do so, make sure you have solid grounds for whatever amendment you are proposing, that people can relate to and understand. Just posting a loud objection to content in a film and saying it should be outright removed from the site won't further your cause, it just puts people on the defensive. Please, attempt to understand what everyone is trying to say, we don't want to fight you, but you can't just impose rules on us and expect us to comply without question.

Believe me.  You don't. mini/no

(Good point, though.)

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

livinglego wrote:

your point is........?

Sméagol wrote:

... it makes you look like a hypocrite.

Rolz is doing great, by the way. He isn't at all the nerd he used to be (hehehehehe). We still talk on a daily base, although not really about brickfilming anymore. He still wants to make something brickfilm-ish with me, in Da Europeans: The Unfinished Project fashion: I animate and stuff, and he edits it all together. This new project we've been working on was quite similar to Weed Cops, in terms of its poking-fun-at-the-genre fashion.

Last edited by BertL (March 22, 2009 (06:02am))