Re: Guess the Film! (Game)

Shame on you, Rockydude. Thanks for the calling out.
I'm just going to assume it's OK for me to post another one.

http://i.imgur.com/uXoj42p.jpg

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

Days of Heaven
Mostly shot during the magic hour
Directed by Terrence Malick
Basically a movie about sad people in fields, highly recommended 5/5 stars

Good job (as long as you didn't cheat (which I don't think you did)).
Your turn.

Here is my new one.

I don't cheat on these things, showing that house made it pretty easy though, I'll try and get a shot up tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/TY9e2WG.png

Maybe this is to easy

Do you need hints?

Yeah, a hint would be nice.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Castaway
Tom Hanks acted in it
This scene is in the first 30 minutes
The title has 8 letters in it.

this probably isnt right, but i gave it a shot.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Nope Gentry

Hint: The director of this film is also known for directing a LEGO music video, among other earlier animation work.

So you aren't allowed to use google to find these? I think that's gonna kill this thread faster than ever before. The fact that obviously not many people have seen the same movies as others means this is going to ground to a halt soon; if not already.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Legocloniac477 wrote:

So you aren't allowed to use google to find these?

That would defeat the whole purpose of the game. This thread is designed to share our film knowledge. If you don't know a frame, then you don't need to participate in that round. In order to actively participate in this thread, you need to watch a lot a movies.

I think it's OK to guess if you have seen the trailer and think it's from that movie too, but it shouldn't be about out right cheating.

I ran a Google search on it just because I was intrigued, but I won't spoil it for you guys mini/smile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I Googled the image right after I guessed. I know it too.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
directed by Michel Gondry (the guy who directed the White Stripes LEGO music video)
Starring Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet and it was released in 2004
I'd really like to see it but I haven't Googled the image

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Tobias is close, but it is not Eternal Sunshine, but it was directed by Michel Gondry

Anyone going to guess?

I dare to say that my point still stands. If no one has seen a movie that some other person has, this thread is going to die. It seems this is happening now. I understand that googling defeats the purpose, and the point is to show our film knowledge, but obviously no one has the film knowledge to guess this one.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I think googling is acceptable--within certain limits, obviously.  If you suspect the frame to be from a certain movie, but haven't seen it, I think you should be allowed to google, or visit the film's IMDb page, or suchlike, to help "research" your claim, or use google to help with the hints that the frame poster gives--a bit like detective work.  I think that can be part of the fun.  Obviously, googling it outright is pointless and cheating, and defeats the purpose of the game, but I think sometimes researching films you suspect is fun, and even beneficial, as you're expanding your film knowledge.  (For example, I'm not familiar with Michael Gondry, whom SlothPaladin cited, so if I were to look up his filmography whilst searching for the film this frame is from I'd learn about his films, and maybe even find new films to watch.)

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Legocloniac477 wrote:

I dare to say that my point still stands. If no one has seen a movie that some other person has, this thread is going to die. It seems this is happening now. I understand that googling defeats the purpose, and the point is to show our film knowledge, but obviously no one has the film knowledge to guess this one.

I dare to say that allowing reverse image search through Google would be the dumbest decision one could make. "Guess the film" would turn into "Google the film", ruining it all.
With that said, this one was very difficult, and it's probably about time someone posts a new frame.

FlyingMinifig wrote:

I think googling is acceptable--within certain limits, obviously...

That's not what we're talking about, though. You're allowed to look sround the internet as much as you please, but reverse image searching would reveal what film it is without any dedication from the guesser at all.

Here is my new one.