Topic: Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Directory Link

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

youtube

youtube HD

made for the Welsh choir "Only Men Aloud" singing the 80s hit in a re-release together with "Bonnie Tyler". It will be a worldwide single release in October 2009. We tried to put in some moments of the old original (partly stupid) music-clip but in the same way, telling a little new story, with some funny and also reflective moments. The clip is made with official authorization of "Decca Music Group" and "Universal Music Group".

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Heart

I actually received a similar message from Decca Music Group about this a few weeks ago, but they never got back to me after I sent them a response email. mini/confused

But you did a far better job than I could have ever done. Gorgeous set design and lighting effects (LOVED the blue under-lighting on the stage set. How did you rig that?). Was that a paper cutout you used for the purple ties? They looked very good.

Overall, excellent work, a very enjoyable music video.

Thanks MindGame,

but i guess you would have done the job also good, your films are excellent. I wonder how many other animators and filmers got an email ?!

The blue lighting under the stage and also used in a few other scenes is a very cool tool from IKEA: the LED-Color-Changing "Dioder":
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50119407

it was the first time we used this lamps. And its easy to use in front or inside a set.
The purple ties are made by Sandra out of purple stickers - a lot to cut.

mini/smile

YES! YES! mini/bigsmile

That was amazing, incredible job! mini/delirium

I loved the pan at the start. Incredible job! mini/bigsmile

Wow, so well done. The lighting was excellent -- it looked like you were using LED's for spot lighting in some shots, which I see you did. I always thought would be the perfect lego-size lights. It does work really well, and you used them well, too. The blue lighing gave it a very classy look. It fit the style of music and performance perfectly.

And then there were all of the camera-moving shots, which were so numerous and clean you almost stop noticing it. And the crowd scenes, which I don't want to think about having to animate.

I like that you gave it some levity with a couple of tasteful gags, to mix up an otherwise straight-laced production. Really good stuff.

Marvelous Golego. Your lighting skills are superb and the pans were very good.
I especially loved the "Only Men Aloud" bit.

Very good. I'm not even gonna bother to post the flaw I saw, because that rhymes and the film was too good.

-Don

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

Incredible you made this masterpiece in only two weeks.
Congratulation!

Spudster wrote:

YES! YES! mini/bigsmile

Thats what she said. mini/eek

Great movie. Lighting is amazing. In two weeks? WOW! Quality: Great. Everything: Great! Camera moves were amazing by the way! Maybe a tutorial, if you have time? mini/wink

Persist.

I can't believe you did all this in only 2 weeks! The lighting and props were great as usual, and the IKEA lights worked well. My only criticism (and I noticed this in 802.701 (The Time Machine) as well, is that sometimes your basic walk cycle doesn't seem very smooth at all. I'm referring to the first shot in this movie, where the lady is walking down the hall.
I also didn't realise that the big letters OMA were an acronym at first, I thought it was the German word Oma! That was a bit confusing until I worked out what it stood for, but don't worry, that's just me.

Last edited by Whittleberry (September 18, 2009 (03:18am))