Topic: Coins

Directory Link

Coins

YouTube
Vimeo

This is our DEBUT film: Coins. The music is an original composition by LogicWithinReason.

The actual film took a week to properly shoot, however only a few scenes actually made it into the proper film.

Check out our new film - Advert! mini/delirium

Re: Coins

Hey! That was so awesome!!!!

Keep up the good work guys! That was a nice film, great sets and a good story.
Sure, the animation needs a little work, but whos doesn't? (Except KG, ZackMG Hazzat....)
Lol.
The only thing I didn't like is that it wasn't too clear that he fell down a well, maybe you should have tipped him forward a little then made the flash.
The flash was a nice touch though! Very good, 9.5/10

mini/bigsmile

The end was a great twist.

SmallTimeProductions wrote:

The end was a great twist.

Thank you. mini/delirium The end was LogicWithinReason's ultimate say in it. Thanks for the comment! I seriously appreciate kindness, it makes me look forward to my next film more.
SilverScreenStuds

Congratulations on your first brickfilm, HemmaStudios. mini/smile Short and sweet.

A couple of tips and suggestions...

You might consider cropping to widescreen - there are many shots in the film that would have been framed better had they been widescreen. You're getting a lot of grain from your camera - I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but it's generally pretty ugly stuff. You could cut down on that with a Virtualdub filter or two. I'm not sure what software you're using, but a bit of variation in the color/lighting style might have helped. It is a very short film, but perhaps a progression of color as the character changes would have helped.

Make another one, and keep improving! mini/smile

~ Amanda

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AmandaHart/Images/signature.png

AmandaHart wrote:

Congratulations on your first brickfilm, HemmaStudios. mini/smile Short and sweet.

A couple of tips and suggestions...

You might consider cropping to widescreen - there are many shots in the film that would have been framed better had they been widescreen. You're getting a lot of grain from your camera - I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but it's generally pretty ugly stuff. You could cut down on that with a Virtualdub filter or two. I'm not sure what software you're using, but a bit of variation in the color/lighting style might have helped. It is a very short film, but perhaps a progression of color as the character changes would have helped.

Make another one, and keep improving! mini/smile

~ Amanda

Brickyman:
Thank you for your generosity! It gives us a great sense of pride knowing someone completely enjoyed it. Oh yes, and of course, what is your opinion of the music? mini/love

Amanda:
I should of thought of that! mini/blankexpression Also, thanks in general for the useful advise. It's nice to receive some helpful advise rather then nasty advise, though I won't point any fingers.
Lastly, any advise for future Brickfilms following a lighter concept and story-line?
SilverScreenStuds

Not a bad film. The premise was a good one and the music fit quite well.
However, I felt that the pacing was too fast. Everything was thrown at the viewer rather quickly, thus reducing the intensity of the character's journey into greed. Also, the way the character finds continually finds coins on the ground was a bit unbelievable.
All in all, this is a very competent and promising debut. I look forward to more!

Also, as a side note, the multiple requests for everyone to be nice in their comments/reviews are irritating. Be proud of what you've done, accept the criticism as it comes, and do not worry if someone is snarky or rude. If someone wants to be a jerk on the internet, it does not change you or your work. mini/smile
- Aaron

Jargon wrote:

Not a bad film. The premise was a good one and the music fit quite well.
However, I felt that the pacing was too fast. Everything was thrown at the viewer rather quickly, thus reducing the intensity of the character's journey into greed. Also, the way the character finds continually finds coins on the ground was a bit unbelievable.
All in all, this is a very competent and promising debut. I look forward to more!

Also, as a side note, the multiple requests for everyone to be nice in their comments/reviews are irritating. Be proud of what you've done, accept the criticism as it comes, and do not worry if someone is snarky or rude. If someone wants to be a jerk on the internet, it does not change you or your work. mini/smile
- Aaron

All completely true! mini/bigsmile I know what you mean about it kinda being unreal when he finds coins, however the concept of the film is to show that to much money leads to greed, and then to their downfall. So if that means being slightly unrealistic then so be it.
And yeah, I suppose I do act a bit nice, however I don't want to start a row over things that can be helped.
SilverScreenStuds

well the animation was a little slow, and I dont like the picture quality, but it was still alright. mini/smile

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Does anyone know how long it takes for a film to be reviewed? mini/cat
SilverScreenStuds

It used to be like a month, but since they added Cheshire, jimmybob, and Squash now it only takes a week and a half to 2 weeks. The que can get quite long, just be patient mini/wink

Awesomeonomy wrote:

It used to be like a month, but since they added Cheshire, jimmybob, and Squash now it only takes a week and a half to 2 weeks. The que can get quite long, just be patient mini/wink

OK! I will. One question... how come three new films that have come out are dated the 25th and 26th of Sep.? mini/dizzy

Because... they are 'staff favourited' or something.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

T.G-Tom wrote:

Because... they are 'staff favourited' or something.

These weren't. I checked 'em earlier. mini/blankexpression

The reviewers can review the films in whatever order they like. I'm sure if you asked them very very nicely, they would review your film right away.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hazzat wrote:

The reviewers can review the films in whatever order they like. I'm sure if you asked them very very nicely, they would review your film right away.

How would I contact them though? mini/blankexpression Maybe if they read this topic they might see my post to them!

@Review Panal-ers mini/delirium : Hello! Hazzet said that perhaps if I asked you nicely you'd get my film reviewed quicker. I don't want to rush you, and if you can't then you can't. Thank you!

Sorry, the panel currently works on a "first submitted, first reviewed" basis. I think there are around 50 films in the queue right now, so it may be a while. We'll get to it though, don't worry. In the mean time, I'm sure plenty of people will see it here and give you reviews, and I'm certain your film will make it into the directory when it is reviewed. Just be patient mini/smile

That's why I said 'very very nicely'.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Squash wrote:

Sorry, the panel currently works on a "first submitted, first reviewed" basis. I think there are around 50 films in the queue right now, so it may be a while. We'll get to it though, don't worry. In the mean time, I'm sure plenty of people will see it here and give you reviews, and I'm certain your film will make it into the directory when it is reviewed. Just be patient mini/smile

That's alright. No worries. Thanks for the feedback! mini/mrgreen

Interesting. The music definitely carries the film more than the visuals - work on getting a rhythm of shots that work well together - your shot selection did seem a bit miscellaneous. Nice job for a first brickfilm, though - keep improving. mini/smile

- Leo