Topic: AIM - Where Did You Get That?

My entry to the AIM contest, made in the space of 2 days.

Download WMV
Youtube HD

Film made using with:
Logitech QC Pro 9000
Sony Vegas
MonkeyJam
Audacity
Logitech USB Desktop Mic

-EmmaExecute

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll119/emma_execution/siggy.png
^Click to watch

Re: AIM - Where Did You Get That?

Awesome set,nice animation. voice acting was pretty good. great film mini/bigsmile

Project Secret

That was crystal clear quality, on the HD youtube. I watched it in normal quality, because it kept freezing and the screen turned green when I tried playing it in HD:( .

The film was very good, and showed how that set, the name of it slipped my mind, can be the only set in a film. The aniamtion was great, as was the story. Short, and sweet. 5/5!

Yechi Hamelech!

He he, a nice short film. I laughed, and the set and animation was well put together.

If you think about when Emma started filming, she has improved incredibly in a very short space of time. She is definitely a brick filmer to keep an eye on. She will be up there with the big players before you know it.

Smooth animation. Nice story, timing is good, too. Voice acting is good enough (but what do I know, I'm not even a native english speaker). Mostly though, as whole, the film comes across as a bit stiff. For example, the guy on the right is totaly frozen while the guy on the left speaks and vice versa.
Perhaps you could improve even further by animating beyond the primary subject of the scene. Just little things, like moving horses' head in the background when the two guys talk. This does increase the time you need to shoot a scene quite a bit though, probably beyond manageable for contest.

Oh- and if you don't agree, just ignore this post. After all, I'm just setting my first steps on legomation myself.

- PG

Version 1 of the the screenplay for episode 2 of The Stunt is finishised, and I really, really] await your critique!

I love this, it's brilliant, and you had a nice joke in there, didn't expect that. You're improving rapidly.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

I just love this little movies from you mini/tongue

You have definatly improoved fast.

your light flickers are gone and your mic quality is great.

As Si665 said, we gotta keep an eye on you.

I'm really looking forward to your next film.

BTW: The quality was amazing. does HD render from Sony Vegas work on youtube ?

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

papaguru wrote:

Smooth animation. Nice story, timing is good, too. Voice acting is good enough (but what do I know, I'm not even a native english speaker). Mostly though, as whole, the film comes across as a bit stiff. For example, the guy on the right is totaly frozen while the guy on the left speaks and vice versa.
Perhaps you could improve even further by animating beyond the primary subject of the scene. Just little things, like moving horses' head in the background when the two guys talk. This does increase the time you need to shoot a scene quite a bit though, probably beyond manageable for contest.

Oh- and if you don't agree, just ignore this post. After all, I'm just setting my first steps on legomation myself.

- PG

Yea I thought about moving things in the background and i probably should of, but I think im going on holidays in the next couple of days, so i wanted to get the film finished before then.

Darkman wrote:

BTW: The quality was amazing. does HD render from Sony Vegas work on youtube ?

-Darkman

Yea, it does. I just watched this tutorial to do it, and remember before you render it to get rid of the ghosting on the brickfilm (right click on the clip and click Switches > Disable resample)

-EmmaExecute

^Click to watch

You forgot your [Release] tag. mini/wink

A nice little film. Well animated and a clever plot. 4/5

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hazzat wrote:

You forgot your [Release] tag. mini/wink

A nice little film. Well animated and a clever plot. 4/5

I read this thread and thought we didnt have to put the tags anymore. And the Mods have stopped editing them onto the posts aswell.
And Thanks mini/bigsmile

-EmmaExecute

^Click to watch

So, you are the first using the Medival Market Place in a brickfilm
It looks great in a brickfilm, just as LEGO designed it for brickfilmers/films

The Story is quite cool, reminds me to the works from Monty Python.

Like the Guru wrote, you should keep an eye to little background-animations, it makes it more "real".
Anyway, a verry cool movie, and like Si665 wrote, we have to keep an eye on your films!

Congrats!

Mario

Emma, are you using the platinum edition, normal edition, or pro edition of Sony Vegas?

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Very clean animation and also a nice story to go with it mini/smile

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

awesome thats was crisp HD i might be getting a qcp9000 mini/bigsmile great

Project Secret

I wish I could watch videos in HD on YouTube. It just gets really slow and glitchy for me. mini/sad
Anyway, that was good, the animation was well done. The story was funny as well. mini/bigsmile

Splash Studios wrote:

Emma, are you using the platinum edition, normal edition, or pro edition of Sony Vegas?

Pro bro mini/bigsmile

-EmmaExecute

^Click to watch

LOL, Great job! The animation was good, the quality of the picture was also good, the voice acting was great. Overall, I say you did 4 out of 5.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

That was really nice, and I would say more, but everyone else has said what I was going to say. One small point is that at the beginning, when the man is walking up to the other guy, he goes back a stud and does the step again, if you know what I mean.

CheeseyBricks wrote:

That was really nice, and I would say more, but everyone else has said what I was going to say. One small point is that at the beginning, when the man is walking up to the other guy, he goes back a stud and does the step again, if you know what I mean.

Yea I know, I didnt realise when I was animating that I did it,
I only realised later, so i couldnt really fix it.

-EmmaExecute

^Click to watch