Re: Café Corner

William Osborne wrote:

Good news, everybody. I successfully got my first ever job, working as a volunteer in a museum!

Sounds neat William. What kind of museum? Natural History?

Last edited by Brickcrazy (January 14, 2017 (11:33am))

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

It's a military museum, and it's on the grounds of a castle. It's only voluntary work, and I don't know how long I'll stick to it, but I thought it would be a good experience, working with people. My plan is to maybe stay there for about a year, and then see if I can apply for a job at the local Lego Store mini/bigsmile

Last edited by William Osborne (January 14, 2017 (12:14pm))

Sméagol wrote:

That one may be particular to me, hard to say. I'm not very materialistic so I don't like accumulating stuff not of my choosing (as an adult I now have a job and some expendable income, so I buy something if I really want it), and my tastes have grown specific enough over time that it's pretty uncommon for somebody, no matter how thoughtful about the gift, to buy me something I want to have. So receiving gifts, particularly somewhat expensive ones, is laced with a strange tinge of guilt and need to give a convincing performance of being pleased at the gift so the giver doesn't feel bad about it.

That actually makes perfect sense.

I'm still at the stage in my life where almost anything but a LEGO set is usually a poor gift.  Otherwise it has to be a good video game or something extraordinarily specific and useful in my current times.

I also live by a rule of absolutely never telling a white lie.  Thus getting a gift I don't like can be difficult, as I feel compelled to not say anything that isn't true, but I don't want to offend them, but, if i remain silent, the silence is really quite telling.

luckily, I haven't had to deal with that in a very long time.  Although, over a decade ago, my gran got me deodorant for Christmas.  Was she trying to tell me something?

I like to collect a few things, mainly things I am fascinated by their stories or history.  Transformers are one thing (I own 1200+, most with their boxes).  78s and CDs of my favorite music genres, like New Wave and vintage recordings among others.  X-Wing miniatures and components to other board games.  Lately I've been fascinated by microgames from their heyday in the 1970s and 1980s.  But I'm not a hoarder.  I sell or throw away things I don't want to make room for what I like.  The things I like I take good care of.  My wife owns clothing worn by characters from TV shows like 24 and How I Met Your Mother.  She wears them to special events and we tell them the outfit was worn by the character.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

#sorrynotsorry

https://youtu.be/QLdqf-UBlUo

Six years ago today on my 13th birthday, I founded Funmi Productions. How time flies...

Nice Funmi you have been at it for a while! Really liked your Thac entry by the way, really nice script, and you animation is getting better!

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Squid wrote:
Sméagol wrote:

That one may be particular to me, hard to say. I'm not very materialistic so I don't like accumulating stuff not of my choosing (as an adult I now have a job and some expendable income, so I buy something if I really want it), and my tastes have grown specific enough over time that it's pretty uncommon for somebody, no matter how thoughtful about the gift, to buy me something I want to have. So receiving gifts, particularly somewhat expensive ones, is laced with a strange tinge of guilt and need to give a convincing performance of being pleased at the gift so the giver doesn't feel bad about it.

That actually makes perfect sense.

I'm still at the stage in my life where almost anything but a LEGO set is usually a poor gift.  Otherwise it has to be a good video game or something extraordinarily specific and useful in my current times.

I also live by a rule of absolutely never telling a white lie.  Thus getting a gift I don't like can be difficult, as I feel compelled to not say anything that isn't true, but I don't want to offend them, but, if i remain silent, the silence is really quite telling.

luckily, I haven't had to deal with that in a very long time.  Although, over a decade ago, my gran got me deodorant for Christmas.  Was she trying to tell me something?

You could always go for the brutally honest approach.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I made this weird thing in 2013 but narrated it in 2017 to try to make it funny but it's still kinda lame like comment and subscwibe

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Last night I dreamed that I was the Citizen of the Year.

it were lovely

I've been thinking of doing a production log recently, but have not known what to do it on.

However, I will now be recreating The Battle of the Somme from WWI in Lego as a piece of coursework, and as it will probably take me four weeks to make it, I was wondering if people would be more interested in a production log or a BTS which would be released after the final piece (to be honest, the production log would probably be something I would be more active on when it comes to getting the most out of seeing how I made the brickfilm).

I would be grateful if people could tell me what they think mini/smile

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Which do you wanna do more?

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

I think I am going to do both, because I cannot decide which I would prefer to do mini/lol

YouTube   |  Twitter

Who even reads this?

Guys, toothpicks. How has it taken me this long to realize how useful they are?

backyardlegos wrote:

Guys, toothpicks. How has it taken me this long to realize how useful they are?

I use them so much.

I have also developed a habit of chewing on them between frames. mini/tongue

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Better than chewing on your earbud cords... mini/shifty

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Brickcrazy wrote:
Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Better than chewing on your earbud cords... mini/shifty

https://media.giphy.com/media/LvtKS6f1WatQ4/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

My brothers chew on my earbud cords when I let them use them.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Random Question: What size for a picture can I put onto my signature in pixels?

Legolord Productions
Subscribe for LLP Brickfilming Content

I'll be uploading Brickfilms that I have improved the most on per year on BricksInMotion

400x100 is the maximum allowed.