Re: YouTube

Hi Y'all

It's been a while but I've encountered a problem.

my video Phineas McGuild: the Hair Rasing experience seems to have glitched out.

According to You Tube it is only a second long, which surprisingly is not the case. mini/lol

I was Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or if there is a solution.

thanks mini/smile

-coyote creek films/pointless animation studios/whatever you want to call me

I have seen this problem before. It's so stupid, I don't know if there is a way to fix though.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

YouTube's come back to screw with the gaming world! They've redone their copyright laws and apparently, all those idiots who upload copies of an entire film, along with those "let's play" guys who film themselves playing a videogame. I think this has already gone into effect.

But, some people figure that this could affect the Partner Program in some ways. But, hasn't the One Channel design already screwed them over?

EDIT: Oh, and off-topic: Today was my 3-year anniversary of being on the site. Woo-hoo...

Last edited by Mickey (December 19, 2013 (05:07pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I cannot understand the reasoning behind some of YouTube's recent decisions. What is the logic behind stabbing your own users (and revenue stream!) in the back?! They seem to be going backwards rather than progressing forward!

One channel design, no more video responses, messed up comments, screwing over video gaming partners (That most publishers themselves support!), what next?!

The sad truth is there is really no other viable place to share videos right now. Sure Vimeo is in some ways compelling but it's in no way perfect.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

YouTube is both more messed up and more popular than ever. Not since Michael Bay has something been so massively sucessfull yet so utterly terrible at the same time.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:

YouTube is both more messed up and more popular than ever. Not since Michael Bay has something been so massively sucessfull yet so utterly terrible at the same time.

LOL I gotta say that Youtube and Michael Bay comparison is spot on.

BoatsAreRockable wrote:

One channel design, no more video responses, messed up comments, screwing over video gaming partners (That most publishers themselves support!), what next?!

Well, I got one to add to the list, which is kinda building on the gaming partners thing...Youtube muted my lightsaber battle video (thankfully they didn't take it down) due to my use of some edited Star Wars music...when I had actually purchased the songs. Quite a lame move by Youtube, if I say so myself. mini/blankexpression However, I was able to kinda fix it.

Last edited by legoguy501 (December 31, 2013 (04:37am))

http://bricksafe.com/files/Legoguy501/BiM%20Signature.png
2nd place Darkness and Light entry: The Tree
Behind the Scenes

legoguy501 wrote:
BoatsAreRockable wrote:

Well, I got one to add to the list, which is kinda building on the gaming partners thing...Youtube muted my lightsaber battle video (thankfully they didn't take it down) due to my use of some edited Star Wars music...when I had actually purchased the songs. Quite a lame move by Youtube, if I say so myself. mini/blankexpression However, I was able to kinda fix it.

Purchasing a song on iTunes or some other place doesn't allow you to use the music in your video legally mini/wink

Alright, decided it was high time I consider merging my Youtube channel with a Google+ page. Now, if I choose to keep my "Red Onyx Productions" name, can I change it later. Or am I stuck with it for eternity?

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

I'm pretty sure you can change it whenever you want.. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

- PlainBrick
Formerly MrLegoProductions
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z354/mrlego15/bg67_zps34f3201a.png
Youtube - My Latest Video

Max Butcher wrote:

Hilarious & True!  As a die-hard Transformers fan, I even wrote & recorded a song about Michael Bay back in 2008.  You can sing along with the lyrics at this URL, which is curiously on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoPvKHCA-Z0

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

RedBrick1 wrote:

Alright, decided it was high time I consider merging my Youtube channel with a Google+ page. Now, if I choose to keep my "Red Onyx Productions" name, can I change it later. Or am I stuck with it for eternity?

You can change it, but the intervals between the times you can change it will start getting longer. I went from "LegoAndStickfigs" to "Michael E. J. Brickfilms" to "Michael E. J." to "Michael Jurist". Now, I have to wait 'several months' before I can change it, but that's fine since I'm fine with my name being my username. You have a few time before you have to start waiting to change. So, basically, just decide on something you want. If you don't like it later, you will be able to change it a few times.

Getting ready to upload my next film within the next week, and need some advice. What day and time have you found best for releasing a video on teh youtubez?

I always try to upload on sunday, and share it to alot of different places sunday night.

I NEED HELP:

Currently attempting to consolidate all of my channels onto ONE Google account. My secondary personal account has been monetized, however no AdSense account has been linked to it. When I transfer the YouTube channel to my main account, do the earnings come with it?

I doubt it. You might want to connect ad-sense, get your check (cash it), then switch over your channel.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

I doubt it. You might want to connect ad-sense, get your check (cash it), then switch over your channel.

Can't yet, not up to 100 on the 2nd channel. However I did some checking, and apparently I was smart enough to link both channels to the same Ad-sense account. That may make things a bit easier.

I need to set up a youtube channel. Any advice?

I'm....................................... A brickfilming noob.

Umbra-Manis wrote:

Think long and hard about how you are going to "brand" yourself on YouTube. You may be able to change your title now, but still think about it before choosing a random "studio" name.

Umbra-Manis wrote:

Make a channel and stick with it. I made the mistake of deleting my channel 3 times because I didn't like the name. Make sure that you get off on the right foot watch some videos on how to set up YouTube channels properly that will brand yourself well. This is very important because the more views you get the more feedback you'll get which is always very helpful in improving as a filmmaker.

PS: Make the channel name short and sweet.  Easy to remember.  But make sure it's creative and you want to keep it.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png