Topic: [Release] THIS VIDEO CONTAINS MORE WIN THAN A BARREL OF MONKEYS

A stupid little film I made today.

The following video contains continuously looped footage set to kick-ass music. Viewer discretion is advised.

And no flame wars please.

Last edited by maggosh (January 30, 2009 (05:53pm))

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

Re: [Release] THIS VIDEO CONTAINS MORE WIN THAN A BARREL OF MONKEYS

I'm going to laugh when this thread turns into an argument about Forrestfire just because of a meaningless title.

mini/eek

It was still better than forrestfire's videos.

mini/lol
That was so funny!
Who is forestfire 101 anyway? mini/blankexpression

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Hilarious.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

haha ROFL

Project Secret

Nice mini/bigsmile

But I understand what everybody has against the guy, he makes funny video's

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

If you look at Forrestfire101's last video, although puerile in humour (as are most of his films) the animation was decent and the effects were nicely done and sorry but that Superman movie was far better (apart from image quality) than the one you have just posted.
You can't really take on someone and knock their animation and state that yours is better when all you have done is barely a few seconds of looped animation.

Sorry, but on this occasion, I would have to disagree, this video is not better than Forrestfire101's.

It shouldn't be about person 'A' being better than person 'B' - it should be about fun, creativity and striving for personal improvement. There are film makers here that are better than I will ever be. But I am not trying to out do anyone, I make my films for my own enjoyment and hopefully the enjoyment of others.

Forrestfire101's films could be very good, he just needs to avoid the childish humour in them.

Looking at your YouTube channel there are far better examples of great animation. Your 20fps pan was perfect really nicely done. You really don't have to prove anything to anyone, just yourself.

You clearly have some very good animation skills, and the image quality is very good too.

Forget Forrestfire101 and just do what you do well, don't worry about other people mini/wink

I think the point is that your time might be better spent doing something good, although I realise you can't have spent more than 10 minutes on this. When KG spoofed Meatspace, he actually made something that was entertaining in its own right and, imho, more fun than the original. Especially the one with the song.

I gotta agree with 0ldScratch.  If you're gonna spoof something, at least put some effort into it.  This failure of a parody is more like a 3rd grader replying to something with "No, you're stupid!"  In short, you've made a bigger fool of yourself than forrestfire101.

-Dave

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/quakefilms/myspace/Brickfilms/whitewallssig.jpg

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Without the mention of forrestfire101, it would have had a WeirdEars level of bizarreness. I probably would have posted it in Coffee Shop rather than Releases though, because this is where you post stuff for critical comment and it doesn't really warrant any beyond "lol".

Clearly it isn't a good joke in the first place, if not many people got it. Therefore the 'fail' isn't mine. mini/tongue

Last edited by Si665 (January 29, 2009 (10:26am))

Youtube wars are for cool kids.

But could everyone chill out about ForestFire? If you want to be like him, then make brickfilms that correspond with what people are searching for on youtube (Indiana Jones, Batman, etc), and stop being so jealous. Maybe if we're nice to him he will put BiM in one of his credits or something and get the word out about brickfilming.

I wrote:

I'm going to laugh when this thread turns into an argument about Forrestfire just because of a meaningless title.

I didn't laugh.

Last edited by Penta (January 29, 2009 (10:57am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

Mainly because it isn't an argument about forrestfire specifically, but one over the film itself. A losing argument on my side, I might add.

what was forrest fires comment that you removed?

budgetstudios wrote:

what was forrest fires comment that you removed?

Um, it clearly says that he removed it.

A coherent, thought-out parody of Forrestfire101's work could be interesting.  There are definitely some tendencies that can be seen in most of his videos and could easily be made fun of.

I know some people were turned off by his fake interview and sometimes his attitude, but I don't think his intentions are bad, and his videos are of higher quality than most YouTubers.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Well said Smeagol