Re: Interdimensional Adventures (working title)

Some of the beats in this have ended up in the project, and this song is probably the closest thing to an extended soundtrack this movie will have.

RareEarth03c

it is unlikely that you will even recognize parts of this song in the movie as only some parts/layers of it are used and it used very briefly and in addition to all that this whole song is longer then my film.

Everything takes sooo long.

Just about done with everything, putting on the final effect touches like the animated chart in this background

http://i.imgur.com/QA26K4R.png

not sure if I like the blending, with the edges being a little ruff over the elements in front of it. otherwise, STUNNING!

Yeah, the speaker edge can use a little work

http://i.imgur.com/tsoHLlm.png

The film is finally finished! I had my premier at The Grand Illusion Cinema on Sunday. WOW, this film has taken a LONG time to finish.

The premier went really well, about 50 people showed up (the theater seats 70) so it felt like a full house, we watched some of my old films in chronological order right up to Beyond the Eleventh Dimension followed by a Q&A and another screening of Beyond. Some of my coworkers who had attended were quoting this morning at work and the projectionist at the cinema told me he was really impressed.

I may touch up on a few of the effects or grading, but first I need to make some audio commentaries for the BIM DVD.

Can't wait!

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Sounds like the evening went off just about as close to perfect as you can get.
This was the first time showing off a film in a theater right?
How did it feel seeing your work on the big screen as opposed to just a computer monitor or TV?

So it sounds like it should be finalized pretty quick, which means that DVD is creeping ever closer to completion. mini/bigsmile
Thanks for putting all this hard work into your film, and I can't wait to admire it for myself.

Both of my clay-mation films have played in festivals, The Haiku Menace played in 3 theaters, (twice in the Seattle Art Museum, one for a fest, and once as the animated short for an indie premier) None of my LEGO films have been shown theatrically though. I really love seeing my movies in theaters and none of my   clay-mation really had the attention to detail that Beyond has. I didn't think it would be that different then my home 720p 120 inch theater set up as it was a really small venue, but the audio was SO MUCH BETTER. I hope I get more chances to show it off on the silver screen.

I actually tried to record the commentary tracks on Monday so I could get my files sent in for the DVD,  but I had a weird recording glitch due to using the.wrong settings and I need to re-record them all, but that should all be done before the week is out.

Beyond the Eleventh Dimension will be online in two weeks, re-watch the trailer and get hyped!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/284/18170126123_a8224a2cc8_c.jpg

I'm looking forward to it!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

So, that Documentary DVD had better hurry up, otherwise it'll lose those 'exclusive first look' rights. mini/tongue

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the release, and can't wait to see what kind of surprises you have in store for us.

Sloth said in chat that he got Smeagol's blessing to release it online since so much time has passed since the initial predictions for the BiM Collection DVD release. I am really looking forward to seeing it!

Yeah, it almost felt like folks had forgotten about the project,  it would be great if Doug did got the DVDs ready before then  but I'd be pretty skeptical about that, for those that did grab the DVD you will still get an exclusive commentary.

For anyone who wants to see it as soon as humanly possible (apart from coming to Seattle and watching it with me) I've already uploaded it to YouTube and it will go online at 2 pm Pacific time (on 6.25.15).

I'd love to watch it asap.... mini/bigsmile

Pritchard Studios wrote:

So, that Documentary DVD had better hurry up, otherwise it'll lose those 'exclusive first look' rights. mini/tongue

The collection is six months (and counting) behind schedule, so I feel like I can't ask him to sit on his film for any longer; I had planned on a December release for the DVD which was something Doug felt would be workable. Sounds as though there were some complications. It's unfortunate. In fairness, I didn't have my exclusive short for the collection finished at that point.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:

The collection is six months (and counting) behind schedule, so I feel like I can't ask him to sit on his film for any longer...

Anything I can do to help I will... if not, I'll just sit lazily back and wait....

Now, don't take me too seriously folks.
I'm not saying for him to delay his film any longer, in fact, I'd like it as soon as possible.
There's absolutely no problem with Sloth releasing his film whenever he'd like.
I'm also perfectly content with the collection being behind, and the extra content makes it well worth it.

Perhaps I should be more careful before making a joke at the collection's expense again. Sorry gentlemen.

You've been waiting since 2010, only 16 hours left to go!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/462/18979503020_c78ce50c69_c.jpg

It looks like they got fed up waiting; I think only one of those people still visits. mini/sad

And it's finally here!