Topic: Into The Storm

Directory Link

Into The Storm

Click to Watch On Youtube

not that happy with the animation- but that's my fault for rushing. it's my entry to the mercenary brickfilm contest. i know it's not perfect... but it's okay. Bring on the criticism!

Re: Into The Storm

Well, for what was required in the contest rules (just checked them), you did pretty much the bare minimum. While the video was 2 minutes and 38 seconds, the actual film content was only 55 seconds of a random fight between knights and skeletons, no background as to why they were fighting, or anything of the sort. The lighting was poor, but maybe that was intentional. There were a couple of camera angles that I liked, and the only flaw with the rain effect was that the actual LEGOs were dry. The animation was decent, but you've already bashed yourself for it, so I won't say much. mini/wink (It was better than you give yourself credit for.)
The music fit the film quite nicely, was it composed just for you, or was it stock?

All in all, I felt that this film lost a lot of potential somewhere along the line. Definitely revisit this one sometime in the future, and develop it some more. Give it a chance.
Final rating: 2.9 rounded up to 3/5.

EDIT: Sorry for the two bricks, clicked the wrong one. mini/cat

Last edited by mcoov (November 29, 2010 (07:51pm))

well, yes, i did do the minimum for the contest. i'm going to make another 'more modern' time video. and the darkness was intentional, but i think youtube dropped it down a bit because the beginning is supposed to be down-pooring. this was quickly done, so it's not all that great. mini/bigsmile

I was going to wet the legos, but i was just too plain lazy mini/tongue And i was offered for music to be composed, but i already found the one i wanted in stock, but i is copyrighted- i just got permission (i asked the composer)
Maybe next year when i have more time, i'll re-create this whole video and maybe add in some more parts. but i got other things in mind i've been waiting for. thanks

and for the titles being so long, i didn't intend on that- it just felt right since it fit the music. mini/smile (but i do have a tendency to creating long titles, i should just stick to the credits)

I enjoyed it, the camera movement was a little strange at times. But the animation was smooth and the lighting was quite nice.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm