Re: The Quick Short Advertising Contest [CLOSED]

Hazzat wrote:

Anti-itchy-head cream!

He he. That was funny.

I really want to enter this. I'm just keeping my eyes open for a product. When the idea hits (Probably at around 2 AM) I will leap out of bed shouting some convoluted form of the word "Eureka" into the air and proceed to roughly script out the film on my computer before going back to sleep. I will then wake up at 7 that morning, not remember anything, open my computer, and wonder how on earth such a genius script ended up on my computer. I will then make it, win the contest, and collect the QC9k.

That's the game plan, boys. mini/smile

- Leo

Last edited by Leonardo812 (February 13, 2009 (03:09pm))

I'm soooo doing this.

Will we still score in the Product Promotion catagory if we are advertising against it?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Will we still score in the Product Promotion catagory if we are advertising against it?

Yes.

Odd, I could have sworn that I'd written something about PSA's and "anti" ads in the first post. I'd have sworn it on a stack of bibles but I just re-read it looking for this specifically and it's not there.

Bad Leo!

There's still plenty of time left, so I'll add it to the first post.

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

this look's pretty nice contest

Project Secret

As of now, my idea is a 2x1 brick. Its the most common Lego peice out there. I'm not sure if ill get around to make the film, though mini/lol

Yechi Hamelech!

Eureka! I have found it!

It's not 2 AM either (about 6:17) but I got a great idea for the contest. Hopefully I'll find the time to be able to make it.

Game on.   mini/sunnies   

- Leo, who is going to sweep this thing to make up for losing the last three contests he's entered.

Leonardo812 wrote:

Eureka! I have found it!

It's not 2 AM either (about 6:17) but I got a great idea for the contest. Hopefully I'll find the time to be able to make it.

Game on.   mini/sunnies   

- Leo, who is going to sweep this thing to make up for losing the last three contests he's entered.

Oh no! I was hoping to win, but if you are entering, I am guaranteed to lose. mini/sad

Maybe I'll get second place.

Don't worry. If you do your'e best the judges will (probably) appreaciate it or so... mini/smile
I still don't know what to advertise... yikes!

Last edited by Luke-Jay (February 16, 2009 (09:17am))

ryancd774 wrote:

Oh no! I was hoping to win, but if you are entering, I am guaranteed to lose. mini/sad

Maybe I'll get second place.

Pshaw. No you're not. Just make a better advertisement than I do.

- Leo

Forgive my double post.

I'd love to start my film now since I have some free time before my next CG job, but I would also hate to have to wait until the end of March to release it. Is there a particular reason you don't want films released before then, or is it a rule that could be changed?

- Leo

I may enter

IM BACK

Youtube - Jamsterman1

Is there a particular reason you don't want films released before then, or is it a rule that could be changed?

The main reason for that rule is so that people can't use films they have made previously.

However, I can't think of any particular reason not to bring that date forward since I don't see how it could be an advantage to the entrant. It might be considered a disadvanatage if it gives other people ideas, but I don't think it could be an unfair advantage.

So if ... five people post here saying that they want to be able to release entries earlier, I'll change it to "films can't be releaesd before today" or something like that.

Early release sounds fair enough. I think anytime after the competition has been announced would be ok.

As you say it only disadvantages an entry by getting in early and showing your hand. But then again if the idea is not that original it would be a shame to turn up at the party wearing the same dress as everyone else.

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

I'm in for early release.

- Leo, who just storyboarded his entry.

Does it have to be a product or an item?? Could it be an advertisement for like a sports game or music tour?

Drew mini/sunnies

Last edited by atrglock (February 17, 2009 (02:00pm))

Call me Andrew or Drew.

No, as far as I understood you can do an advertisement for almost anything, as long as you stay clean. mini/smile

Last edited by Luke-Jay (February 17, 2009 (01:36pm))

Well that's two. If three more people ask for it, then I'll change it.

And I suppose that anything where a person would pay money would be considered a "product". People buy tickets for tours and sports events, so I don't see why you couldn't do an ad for something like that.

Wow, when people were talking about 9k I thought they were talking about a 9k race.

---
A quote from myself:
"Not everything is possible. It is impossible to prove that everything is impossible, because even if you did, you would have proved that it is possible to prove that everything is impossible, which is impossible, and it is impossible to prove that everything is possible because it is impossible to prove that everything is impossible."

Early release sounds good to me.

oh well, I'm in for early realease too.