Topic: Jake And The Lazy Guy In: ButtSax

Alright Jake And The Lazy guy are back !!!

Jake comes home with his girlfriend (Sarah the horse) but she feels that Lazy Guy will stand in the way of their love so she makes Jake Kill Lazy guy with her EVILness.

Enjoy!!!!

Youtube HD

Vimeo

High Download

-Darkman

Last edited by Darkman (February 15, 2009 (01:18pm))

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Re: Jake And The Lazy Guy In: ButtSax

Just fantastic. I was in hysterics at the Benny Hill scene - the run cycle you used there was spot on. The only problems were that Lazy Guy's voice quality wasn't great and some stuff was bumped occasionally, but I can like past them.

I love it.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

That was f#"%@&g brilliant. Pure win Stijn, pure win.

Last edited by Filip (February 13, 2009 (01:32pm))

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

YOU BLEW UP MY SHEEP!

I loved it, as usual. Perfect randomness and OTT jokes. It was really funny when Lazy Guy blew the horse's head off mini/bigsmile

A master piece in your master collection mini/wink

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Great! Just great! Uh, nothing, but, great, and another word, awesome, and....screw it, I love it. mini/tongue

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

After reading the five reviews above this one, I expected it to be hilarious.

You used a very dark, yellow, black and red visual style for a comedy film? Not good. It totally messed up my perception of the film. Go with a clearer, lighter style.   - 2 jelly things.

The whole concept of Jake and the horse did not seem all that funny. It did, however, seem perverted.   - 1 jelly thing.

BertL is cool.     + 3 jelly things.

Your blood effect looked like ink spray paint shooting in great gobs into the air. I am not impressed.  - 1 jelly things.

All in all, go with a funnier concept and cleaner dialog, and I'll laugh a lot more.

- Leo

Last edited by Leonardo812 (February 13, 2009 (02:51pm))

Hehe, that's pretty hysterical.

Technical stuff: Animation was averaged, ditto for the sets. But paying attention to the audio, Shrankenhiemer brilliantly delivers his voice.

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

SmallTimeProductions wrote:

It was really funny when Lazy Guy blew the horse's head off mini/bigsmile

Does this mean Sarah's death is this film?

Leonardo812 wrote:

After reading the five reviews above this one, I expected it to be hilarious.

You should never read/watch reviews before seeing a movie if it compromises your open mindedness. - 10 jelly things.

I thought the film was great, I didn't laugh much but the wtf factor kept me entertained. I like the fact that some people are making Lego animations that aim to an older audience who can appreciate warped, crass and at times perverted humour. Frankly I find "friendly happy-go-lucky" Brickfilms banal, weak and lacking in intrigue. I do however think you need to brighten your sets a little bit more, but then again, you are the "Darkman". Do what you want, as long as you're happy with your film then that's all that matters.

Thanks for nice comment guys mini/wink

Leonardo812 wrote:

You used a very dark, yellow, black and red visual style for a comedy film? Not good. It totally messed up my perception of the film. Go with a clearer, lighter style.

here I agree with you, I have bad habbit to just play with dark contrasts mini/tongue
But like Keshen said, they don't call me Darkman for nothing mini/wink

Leonardo812 wrote:

The whole concept of Jake and the horse did not seem all that funny. It did, however, seem perverted.

That was the purpess, that it looked perverted but seemed perfectly normal for Jake.

Leonardo812 wrote:

BertL is cool.

Totally.

Leonardo812 wrote:

Your blood effect looked like ink spray paint shooting in great gobs into the air. I am not impressed.

What else should I have done ?

Leonardo812 wrote:

All in all, go with a funnier concept and cleaner dialog, and I'll laugh a lot more.

- Leo

Well this surtenly just wasn't your type of humor mini/tongue

But I'll keep aiming at my type of humor.

Or I could aim at humor for everybody. it seems to work for some people.

And Keshen: I'm honored by your comment, and you just read my mind mini/wink (yes, sorry for the asskissing.)

-Darkman

Just awesome.

My only gripe (and itse very small) are I would have liked to have seen more build-up for the love between Jake and.....the Horse. It seems very drastic that suddenly the Horse wants The Lazy Guy dead. I however understand that this might be because of time limits, or wanting to get the movie out on time, which is fine.

The whole Butt Sex thing worked out fine in my opinion though. Imagine if YOUR freind was in love with a horse....

I also found the blood effect very amusing. It reminded me of Monty Python a bit.

Overall, a highly reccomended film.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Very nice. I laughed a lot especially when LG said, Dude. What the F---. Enjoyable film with good animation. Loved it mini/bigsmile.

-Brain Wave

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

It was funny, but also disturbing at the same time.
Good job as usual, though. I like how you do the blurr thing when they move.
Awesome job!

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Max Butcher wrote:

Just awesome.

My only gripe (and itse very small) are I would have liked to have seen more build-up for the love between Jake and.....the Horse. It seems very drastic that suddenly the Horse wants The Lazy Guy dead. I however understand that this might be because of time limits, or wanting to get the movie out on time, which is fine.

The whole Butt Sex thing worked out fine in my opinion though. Imagine if YOUR freind was in love with a horse....

I also found the blood effect very amusing. It reminded me of Monty Python a bit.

Overall, a highly reccomended film.

-MRB

Well they already had a relatioship sinds episode 1

and yeah she wants lazy guy out of the way because she wants jake for herself + .... she is evil, PURE evil

-Darkman

Pretty funny and good animation. By the way how did you make the TV-effect?

-Thijs

thijsvanbrunschot wrote:

Pretty funny and good animation. By the way how did you make the TV-effect?

-Thijs

Just good old pan and crop in Sony Vegas 9

-Darkman

Darkman wrote:

That's a hard question. You obviously wanted to overplay the blood - maybe simply darkening that overlay would have helped. Was it stock footage?

Darkman wrote:

Definitely. Keep making films in your style. It's my problem if I don't think they're funny.

- Leo

Leonardo812 wrote:
Darkman wrote:

That's a hard question. You obviously wanted to overplay the blood - maybe simply darkening that overlay would have helped. Was it stock footage?

Yes, the free ones

Leonardo812 wrote:
Darkman wrote:

Definitely. Keep making films in your style. It's my problem if I don't think they're funny.

Thanks mini/smile

Jelly Fun!!!!

-Darkman

Yeah, the blood should have been a darker red. Also, it wasn't rotoscoped that well in the shot where the horse falls over. And there should be MORE BLOOD mini/lol
Apart from that, Lazyguy could do with a new mic, and I thought some of the timing of the jokes could have been improved.

Last edited by Whittleberry (February 16, 2009 (01:36am))