Re: What gets you Inspired to make a Brickfilm?

I useally make one after a watching or hearing something clever. I like seeing some of the intergrated films like from NathanWells or ZachMG and many others. I also get very inspired by Hazzat's films.

olol

I rearwy, rearwy like dinosaurs. Or something...

KrusaderKego wrote:

I useally make one after a watching or hearing something clever. I like seeing some of the intergrated films like from NathanWells or ZachMG and many others. I also get very inspired by Hazzat's films.

zachMG has some good stuff.definitly my fav brickfilmer

I see a movie and twist the storyline, A movie called Trigger Guard takes place in a scene similare to the one in the begining of Ink Heart.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Rsteenoven wrote:

Dreaming.

Thinking while attempting to fall asleep. The closest I come to dreaming.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

i listen to podcasts, and music. you can become truly inspired by sounds.
but mainly for me i watch movies and tv shows. brickfilms too,
you look at other peoples techniques and then you need to try it out.

I get inspired for comedy films by jokes that me and my friends made up. "The Haunted House" idea came from when me and my friends were waiting to get on a ride in Disneyland. I thought it would fit well in a movie and it worked out. I also get it from wathing movies as well, like the idea for "The Door Of Dreams" (which I'm still working on) came to me after watching Coraline, because it had a really nice, spooky touch to the film. mini/smile

I actually build minifigs and come up with a story for them. but the story could be from what ever I've heard/seen/smelled, as an example, Jealousy was based on a story a girl in my old class frote for school.

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

I imagine scenes, almost like a trailer. When I try to sleep.... Fro there if I like it I'll jot the idea down and fall asleep, then in the morning I take I from there

I do in a similar way to when I compose on the guitar, When I learn a song I learn techniques used in that song and keep them. With brickfilms I'm mainly influenced by TV and Films.

_2014

I'm on the same side as Lil'jj, I think up some small tidbit, then while I'm trying to fall asleep, I think of different scenes I could use, then when I wake up I know what I'm gonna animate.

Well, for me it's almost always music. Because whenever I hear a good song I think I must put footage to it.
And movies always do the trick too, I suppose. And just random times I think up epic shot of cinematography that I MUST film.
It is very random with me.

Rsteenoven wrote:

Dreaming.

hell...that's what I do too...and if not, I just think about what I'd like to see in a film...or that's what I'm going to do with my next brickfilms...cuz I just started doing them...

I always either dream, watch movies, or throw up random words and see if any of them sparks a story-line mini/smile mini/wink mini/bigsmile mini/XD mini/mrgreen

C910 is awesome. Gonna try to post an animation EVERY WEEK! SUNDAY or MONDAY!
YouTube

I get inspired by many things to make a Brickfilm. But there are very few things that motivate me (one of them is a contest and a deadline)

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

When I watch a really good movie. mini/bigsmile

Watching films like "Grace" and "Sai the magic word."

Pretty much any funny scenarios that I find myself in. mini/yes

-Jon64

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4876920171_59c4d4ac70.jpg
More videos on my Youtube Channel or on my (now updated) Webstite

Anything really. I actually was listening to nickelback: far away and thought of making an animation about heroes. It turned into the start of fury of the sith. Also, as I was writing this, I had the urge to lie and say I had been inspired by something like pie, and, in the process, was inspired by pancakes. Watch out on my youtube (doghundredhound) for a pancake animation!

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

Please stop bumping old threads, doghundredhound, as it is very irritating.
This thead is dead, you've been misled, by the title that brought you here,
But you cannot see, I am annoyed with thee, for a n00b is my greatest fear.
Well, and also sharks]

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bluebrickstudios/Sigs/rs_sig.png

Oops, sorry.